A&P Digital Camera, looking to replace a sony

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Beason, Jun 19, 2005.

1. Beason

Beason They call me "The Stig"

I have been using a Sony Cybershot DSC-P8 3.2mp camera for awhile and have been rather unimpressed with the images especially in direct sunlight. I was looking at Canon SD400 5mp camera to replace it. Is this camera really going to be better and is the image quality going to be better in the sun. I detail alot of cars and take pictures for my clients to show the before, after and process and when in the sun the colors are just faded or not true colors. Im also going to England and Ireland for 10 days over Thanksgiving, I was looking at a 512 memory card possible a 1G, any suggestions to what type?

2. Beason

Heres an ex. of what Im talking about colors, this car is supposed to be Ferrari Red but ends up coming out orangish red. [​IMG]

3. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

have you taken photos of that car with other cameras? I wouldn't rule out the camera yet though it is an older model.

The canon's come with great praise but i've been using my Sony DSC-P100 and haven't had any complaints yet.

4. Beason

I was also thinking about the S60, hows that one?

5. Beason

What about the SD400? Im looking for a small camera that takes good picutes. Im not looking to take professional type shots, more point and click. Im guessing the SD400 has fast and slow shutter speed settings, but not percise like the S60? Could you give me a head to head of these cameras?

6. Beason