Digital Camcoreder with CD inbuilt ???

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by cali2houston, Jun 4, 2002.

1. cali2houston

cali2houston Guest

Hi,

My friend asked me to find a digital camcorder for him which directly records on CD. And I told him thats not available. Am I right ?

I know most of the camcorders have flash or memory stick, and u can record mpeg clips on them, tranfer to PC and then may be make a VCD on the PC.

But there's nothing available which directly writes on to CD ??

2. 04

04 Guest

I dont know who makes it, maybe sony, but there is a camcorder that records to a small DVD disc IIRC. Its probably pretty expensive though. I think the best idea would be buying a DV or Sony Digital8 camcorder, then get a firewire card for your computer and compress the video on your computer.

While I dont have a digital camcorder, my analog one works just fine this way. I can even record TV shows if I want to! I have a WinTV, if he wants to go the analog route, he can get one too, their pretty inexpensive.

3. AcuraTL

AcuraTL Old Member

The closest thing is the DVD-RAM camcorder offered by Hitachi and I think Panasonic too.

4. doogietang

doogietang FTW

hmm... i remember seeing Fresh Gear (a show on the TechTv Network) where they previewd a new sony digital camera that a built burner to record media to mini cdrs...

5. AcuraTL

AcuraTL Old Member

The Sony CD-300/CD-400 I believe both use mini-CD-Rs to store pictures, but not DVD.

6. Metal

Metal Active Member

Canon makes a Digital Camcorder also that records to both Digital Video tapes and SD memory cards, giving you a choice. Sony makes digital cameras (mentioned before) that records to CDs. I haven't heard of digital camcorders that also record to CDs yet.

7. MA70

MA70 Guest

no such thing as a digital video camera that records to CDs, they simply don't have the storage space needed to record any amount of video.

8. 04

04 Guest

There was(is) a camcorder, I believe a sony that does use a microDVD format, or cd, Im not quite sure to store the compressed mpeg4 video on the fly. It was rather expensive though.