Digital Camcorder Help Please.

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by D21X, Dec 28, 2003.

1. D21X

D21X Ownz JOO

hey everyone!!! im in the market for a decent digital camcorder. i only want to spend $400. from the research i've done, the Canon ZR60 sounds like a good choice, but it isnt good in the dark from what reviews have said. Can someone recommend some other digital camcorders that i should look at??? thanks!!!

2. D21X

D21X Ownz JOO

oh also, what about the Sony DCR-TRV250 and Panasonic PV-DV53???

3. Daze

Daze Guest

I heard a one bad thing about the Zr60, i heard after a while you can start hearing the tape winding on the actual video itself, and a few people find it pretty annoying. I personally have the cannon zr70. I haven't come across the winding sound yet. The night mode is ok... it's colored which is cool, but it slows down the shutter speed so everything kindof has trails on it. Yet the zr70 also has a built in light so that's cool. If you're looking to take still pics you probably want a camcorder that takes a mem card also so everything is seperated from your actual video. The cannon series does have one of the best zooms that I've seen for a mini dv format. The sony trv-250 is also ok. If you're looking to play back your old high 8's on it the trv-250 wont be able to do it. also the 250 doesn't have a mem card slot or can't put a date/time stamp on your video. If you wanna play back old high 8's or take stills I would say grab the trv-350 instead. I don't really know that much about the PV-DV53.. but here's a link to a site that can give ya some info on some cams that your looking at.. http://www.dvspot.com/

4. D21X

D21X Ownz JOO