Differnce between wax and cleaner wax

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by crazy__mike, Feb 16, 2003.

1. crazy__mike

crazy__mike Guest

I asked my girlfriend to pick me up some yellow 26 wax. I've been using it for about a year and love it. While she picked up some Meguar's cleaner wax, (clear coat Safe).

My car is 12 years old and I can't just go putting anything on the paint. So what is the difference with Cleaner wax and normal wax?

Thanks michael

:bowdown:

2. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

Is it the stuff in the burgundy can? If so, take it back. Cleaner wax is supposed to do the same thing a separate paint cleaner and wax would do. Sounds good in theory, but doesn't work in reality. How can something be able to remove oxidation and paint contaminants, yet protect, too?

Take back the cleaner wax. Get some S100 (available at your local Harley-Davidson shop) and Vanilla Moose (www.clearkote.net). Use the Vanilla Moose on your paint, then apply the S100 wax. You'll be amazed at how great your paint looks.

And post pics! Good luck!

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

EMT-have you used the Vanilla Moose yet? I like it even more than S100 SEC and the vanilla smell is awesome.

crazy_mike-if you want a cleaner wax for time when you don't want to bother with a seperate polish and wax, Clearkote's Moose Wax is outstanding. Very wet look, too. It's the only cleaner wax I will recommend. www.clearkote.net

This is Moose Wax on a BMW 540i

[​IMG]

4. Jackhole

Jackhole New Member

I have! It's great, I never even got the SEC, I skipped right over it and got the Vanilla Moose.