Differing screen positions

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Muchacho_Gasolino, Dec 2, 2004.

1. Muchacho_Gasolino

Muchacho_Gasolino New Member

so... while for the time being at least I am stuck using XP for my world of warcraft needs, I have noticed that a reboot into windows shifts my screen about 1 centimeter up and to the left, and the reverse happens when I go back to linux. I have made sure the resolution and refresh rates are the same (1280x1024, 85 hz). Is there any way I could fix this or get some program(maybe the XP nvidia driver) to do it for me?
    Also, the last time i booted into windows my screen just all of a sudden got all messed up. It shrunk vertically to about one half the size it had been earlier, and came about an inch in on either side and the edges of the screen got all curvy. I rebooted once again and it looked pretty much the same except without the wavy edges. Then i had to totally redo my position and stuff with the buttons on the monitor. This has happened before but without the wierd wavy edges thing. My monitor is a Mitsubishi Diamond Pro 930SB. It also has a small green tinted patch in the bottom left corner that appears when playing games a little bit, but is really prominent if i am looking at something that is mostly red. It was not there when I first bought the comp, but appeared after maybe a month or two. Could my monitor be defective in some other way than just this green spot? If that's all it is I dont think i want to bother with sending it back but if there is something else I might want to.

2. Penguin Man

Penguin Man Protect Your Digital Liberties

Strange, I never had that problem when I was dual-booting or using a KVM, even with each machine using different resolutions. Try calibrating it using the controls on the monitor in each OS seprarately and see if it makes a difference :dunno: