TAT Different artist to finish one tattoo?? will look different?

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Nyce, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Nyce

Nyce .

Will using a different artist / different ink cause it to look different after time?

I'm concerned with it fading away faster or slower than the other part. Also, possibly different thickness or lines or details... I would use the same guy who did my current piece but i feel like he has a heavy hand and isn't good with subtle lines and shadows.

Any thoughts?

Last edited: Aug 2, 2007
  2. Tron

Tron New Member

well if one artist has a heavy hand and the other doesnt, or one makes heavier lines, then it probably will look a little off, but im sure most artists can make it look as though they were done the same

3. dude101

dude101 New Member

:werd:

4. Hathegkla

Hathegkla New Member

yeah it'll look different but might not look bad. I had one of mine finished by a different guy because the first one left the country.

[​IMG][​IMG]

the octupus was done by this guy JJ at cold steel then the waves and jellyfish were done by barnaby at moms.

5. Phantom Empress

Phantom Empress mmmmmm tasty!!!

that's super neat... and I can tell only because I'm LOOKING for differences.. but still, your second guy did a great job matching his lines to the othere's

6. Nyce

Nyce .

Mine has no color...

The overall look is not my main concern as much as the time or quickness of how the ink will fade... like one part will fade quicker than the other. I've narrowed it down between a few artists who can do it nice.. I'm adding around my current tattoo. i think the thickness of lines shouldn't be a problem. It's not that complicated.

7. weng!!11

weng!!11 New Member

[​IMG]

3 differrent artists did that one, all looks good. You should be fine with it man.

8. robb817

robb817 New Member

I would stay with one artist. Different artists have different styles and abilities. some artists are very light handed and some are heavier which will affect the look of the lines. I will only ever let one artist tattoo me. you dont want to ruin a good tattoo

9. Nyce

Nyce .

:hsugh: it's not about the pain.. The pain is not even a concern.

Heavy hand refers to his lack of ability or at least my dissaproval with his way of doing subtle lines and shading. I am very unhappy with some shading he did. I thought i was clear in way of explaining it, and even pointed to a drawing which had it.. It was supposed to be light and blend into skin but it's very sloppy.. he botched it, now i'm hoping to expand on the tat and get another person who will fix it up.

10. VinylButterfly

VinylButterfly In Utero

then definately go to another artist. you dont want a botched tattoo, go and talk to that different artist and see what they recommend ink wise