A&P Differences in paper for printing purposes

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by quid, Dec 8, 2008.

1. quid

quid I Piss Excellence OT Supporter

i think im going to order a couple prints from adorama pix but i dont know what kind of paper to get, they have, Kodak Endura Matte, Lustre and Silk. I like semi-gloss looking prints so i think im in the lustre department, but silk sounds interesting.

anyone ever order from them or use the kodak papers in question that could point me in the right direction?

2. Mutombo

Mutombo New Member

I've ordered form Adorama. I've gotten pictures in Lustre, Matte, and Metallic.

Lustre is semi-gloss so that seems what you're looking for. I've printed in matte for a few B&W pics and it turned out good.

My favorite paper from there though is the metallic paper. Looks awesome for prints with vibrant colors (sunsets, etc). I also printed a B&W in metallic and it looked awesome.

3. quid

thanks broham :cool:

4. HelenOster

HelenOster New Member

We would be delighted to send out a packet containing samples of all our papers and information about each if you would like to contact me directly with your full name and address details.

Ingrid at Adorama Pix, also informs me that: when a customer sets up a new account with AdoramaPix (which is FREE!) they get 25 free prints. Many people use these free 4x6s to order some prints on all the different paper types. We usually recommend printing something that you have already seen in print, that way you can compare. The only paper type we don't offer in a 4x6 size is the Silk, but if you'd like to email me with your mailing address, I can pass it along and see that you get some samples.

Generally, the silk paper is very well suited for any kind of portraits, esp. formal portraits like wedding shots. It delivers lovely skin tones and has a very delicate texture to it. It's more matte than our Lustre paper. The Kodak Endura Supra Lustre has a slight sheen to it, not as much as the Metallic or Glossy, but it's a good all around paper, a very fine surface texture and closest to "semi-gloss." The Supra Matt(TM) might be a good choice also, nice rich blacks and good detail with no texture to the finish. It depends on your subject matter, and personal preference.
    Why not go ahead and set up your account and order some prints for free -and see for yourself.

Hope this helps! Let us know if there is anything else you need.

Sincerely

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
    [email protected]

5. Spurious

Spurious New Member

That's always so creepy.

6. HelenOster

HelenOster New Member

Why? Adorama Camera is committed to striving for the highest standards in customer service. My job is to respond to Internet queries in an effort to reach, support, and advise as many Adorama customers - and potential Adorama customers - as possible.

With a combination of Google alerts, RSS feeds and an enquring mind, anything can happen!

Helen Oster
    Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador
    [email protected]

7. MSIGuy

MSIGuy om nom nom nom!

Kinda cool...

8. mobbarley

mobbarley Active Member

. adorama's ears were burning.

9. Mutombo

Mutombo New Member

I think it's kinda cool they are helpful and answer questions here :o

10. quid

:eek3: youre really from adorama ?!?!

well i ordered a 24x16 on the lustre paper, but i will definitely be printing up some 4x6's on each paper type now.

thanks a lot

:eek3:

11. HelenOster

HelenOster New Member

12. quid

i got the print todat 24"x16" it looks great. it came in a big ass box, sandwiched between two pieces of cardboard and flat foam.

[​IMG]

:coold: for not being shipped in a roll