Differences between Nakamichi CD40Z and CD45Z head units?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by thegeneral, Nov 25, 2002.

1. thegeneral

thegeneral Guest

I've heard the only difference between the two head units, is the CD45z's ability to hook up to the Music Bank CD Changer thing. Which is beyond unnecessary for me. Anyone know for sure? I would definately not like to pay an extra 70~ bucks for something I'll never ever use. :dunno:

Thanks! :bigthumb:

2. thegeneral

thegeneral Guest

3. STA

STA Guest

link?

4. thegeneral

thegeneral Guest

5. DSHR

DSHR Well-Known Member

Wastofmoney>Nak

6. thegeneral

thegeneral Guest

$250 for a head unit with amazing Sound Q is a Waste of money? :confused:

7. BobG

BobG Fuchs.

Yeah, you're definitely high.

8. sanjay

sanjay New Member

i have the cd45z and it's amazing!

i think the only diff between the 45 and the 40 is the preamped voltage is higher on the 45z (4 vs. 2) and the 45z comes with a remote.

9. ittech

ittech "If You're Not Part of the Solution, There's Good OT Supporter

I have a Nakamichi CD-45z, and yes, the preouts are better than the 40z, and it has more inputs and a remote. I'll be hooking a computer system to one of the inputs soon... but anyways, if you are using the built in amp, and don't plan on going with amps for front and rear speakers, etc, then don't worry about it, save the money.

I know they aren't the best, but for the money, I don't think you can get any better. I've got the CD-45z hooked to 3 PA-1002 100x2 amps, one is bridged to an infinity kappa perfect 10.1 sub, and the others drive the front and rear tweeters and midrange speakers, the 6.5 component speakers are nakamichi as well.

Extremely clear sounding music, nice soundstage, no muddles like most car systems from concentrating on bass output... Never had the amps overheat/clip anything strange, though I blew through one infinity sub real quick, oops.

Other lesser known nak +, less likely to get jacked. Looks stock in my car, and wtf would steal a stock radio. you can't see the amps or sub in my system either, and i left the factory speaker covers on. Very stealth, surprises most people when they think my VW stock sound is so clear.