LGBT difference between homo and hetero relationships?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by jap808, Jun 10, 2004.

1. jap808

jap808 Guest

do you think there is a general difference between a homosexual and a heterosexual relationship? lately i've been noticing that my hetero friends have a lot of problems with their female counterparts, mainly because of the female. i step back and compare it to my (homo) relationship and we don't even deal with the ridiculous issues they make a fuss over. does gender make that much of a difference?

2. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

i think there is some differences but the main thing is that there has to be the three c's, commitment, communication and um... cock? :hs:

but seriously, from my experiences with both. Girls seem to like the little things more, a quick phone call hello, something along that line. Guys get weirded out.

Also the dynamics are totally changed when you have not just one completely horny guy, but two.

Sorry, i know i'm rather blunt but thats the only way i can put it.

P.S. 808 huh? From hawaii. Born and raised on maui here :)

3. jap808

jap808 Guest

three c's huh... sounds about right.

yep, born and raised on oahu. although i've lived in hawaii all my life, i've never been to maui or molokai. sad huh?

4. Insey

Insey I can feel my cunt contracting

yeah, the only difference is: gay relationships work (90% of the time) and straight ones dont (50% of the time). men like to hang out with men. women do their own thing.

5. optimus55333

optimus55333 Guest

:werd:

6. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

yea, but queer relationships tend to be accelerated... we move fast, burn hot, and burn out just as quickly...

7. marxwa99

marxwa99 Boom Squad

amen, i call it the "two week wall"

8. CoCo

CoCo ...is a Queer Don!! OT Supporter

dammit!
    :rofl:

9. NOVAJock

NOVAJock Modded & Underrated

This is completely inaccurate. Considering that there is a "creedo" out there that states: "the average gay relationship doesn't last for more than 4 or 5 years" is a clear indication to me that your percentages are "a little" off.

10. NOVAJock

From my experiences, when it comes to dynamics, no, there isn't much of a difference between gay and straight relationships. However, in some ways, yes, there are some clear-cut differences.

In a straight relationship, the male and female enter into that relationship with an innate understanding of what their roles are. In other words, the male assumes and understands that he is the one to handle the heavier load stuff - mowing the lawn, handling trash, yard work, etc. The female assums and understands that she is usually the one to take care of the cleaning of the interior of the house, handling the children, preparing meals, etc. Obviously over the years, these clear cut roles have overlapped more and more between the sexes.

In gay relationships, there is some confusion as to who assumes what roles because obviously, two people of the same sex are involved. So there is a much greater need for open communication in gay relationships...in my opinion.

In my opinion, communication is a major problem in male gay relationships because traditionally, men are not great communicators when it comes to discussing what they're thinking and feeling. Women are the opposite. All female gay relationships have their own set of difficulties, because inherently, women are "feelers" more so than they are "thinkers". Their thoughts and actions are ruled more prevalently by their feelings, emotions and hormones.

So as you can see, gay relationships do have their own difficult issues to deal with that are not as readily apparent in straight relationships.

The other problem that I see with gay relationships moreso than in straight relationships, is that gay people are way too quick to bail out of a relationship and move on. I think this is probably more visible in gay male relationships than in female gay relationships because let's face it, men are dogs and in most cases think with their cocks instead of their brains. They are too quick to assume that the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence (not the straight side! ;) )

The other problem that I see is that in most gay relationships, children are not involved. In straight relationships, when a couple has a child and starts a family, there is much more incentive to WORK to make the relationship somewhat successful and enjoyable. In gay relationships, this isn't always the case.

11. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

:rofl: Nice!

(btw, the fourth "c" is "compromise" - no relationship can be successful unless each is willing to compromise)

I'll say that my relationship is no different then a hetero relationship. The only thing that makes us different is that we both happen to have the same plumbing.

After five years, it's not about the sex at all. Although the sex is great, it's maybe only once a week. It's a lot more about the companionship.

But, we have the same issues and concerns, and dreams and goals as every hetero couple I know.

12. NOVAJock

Amen. :o