diff speakers

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by tigerafro, Nov 17, 2005.

1. tigerafro

tigerafro New Member

i was thinking in my civic ex.... to have Sony XS-V1630A 6.5" in front and then Infinity Reference 6012si 6.5". and maybe a 12" Sony XS-L122P5 sub. dont know if i need a amp. dont have one.

ihave stock right now. actually...the back speakers don't work anymore. and my fronts are about to give out.

2. Ronin

Ronin Guest

dont get anything made by sony

3. pharcyde183

pharcyde183 Nissan by nature

don't get the references either.. no bass. Give a budget and we can give some good ideas

4. tigerafro

tigerafro New Member

no more than 300-400-i'm sorta cheap i guess...whats wrong w/ sony? and i'll prob be running speakers from stock deck.

5. pharcyde183

pharcyde183 Nissan by nature

if you want both front and rear speakers instead of just fronts, i would go for the setup below. I think you will be satisfied with the listening experience.

fronts: CDT CL-6X 6.5 coax speakers $70
    rears: CDT CL-6 midrange/bass drivers $80
    ebay seller: thecdtstore ( full warranty )
    http://stores.ebay.com/The-CDT-Store_W0QQssPageNameZviQ3asibQ3astoreviewQQtZkm

this will allow the soundstage to stay in the front of the car where you want it and give you great overall midbass response in a four speaker setup

amp for the speakers:
    profile california [email protected] speaker amp (people who bash profile don't realize it's price to performance on the california series is simply phenomenal) $89
    http://cgi.ebay.com/Profile-AP1040-...5831821496QQcategoryZ4950QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

after this you have money to play with... get a cheap sub.. but not crap. Get like Mbquart or a diamond D3 or something and a good amp

6. deltarider99

deltarider99 New Member

What kind of music do you mainly listen to? And what's your listening preference? If you just want a lot of bass and don't care about distortion, then yeah, go with Sony. But they won't hold up under high volumes.....

7. tigerafro

tigerafro New Member

i usually listen to rap and rock i suppose. i usually listen to it loud as well with the windows down. i want to have enough bass. i mean, don't want so much bass that makes me look like a wanna be gangsta u know? i want enough bass to give so boom while i can stilll hear the lyrics to the rap songs.

8. tigerafro

tigerafro New Member

also...what does all that mean about the watts? i don't get how that works. i know its the output...but does that mean its how loud it can be?