Diet when deloading?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Skeletor, Mar 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

I'm not really looking to overanalyze shit here... but I'm taking a week off after working out pretty hard for a consistent 5 weeks... my low back needs rest from maxing out weekly on deads and squats.... And plus I'm going to have an incredibly busy week with homework and shit.

Just keep the protein high and carbs low? :dunno: is there still muscle building during this time? If not does it matter if I eat 140g protein vs 220g daily?

edit: and deloading just means taking a break for some extended recovery, right? My bad if I used the wrong term.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2007
  2. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

The difference between your training and off days should just be the meal/drink you have that you take especially because of the exercise. It could be the during or PWO drink. Since it should be a 2:1 carb ratio with around 300 cals for every hour of exercise, that means that you should get 50g less of carbs and 25 g less of protein if you stick to the perfect guidelines (but who does?).

3. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

you shouldn't need to deload

4. jokka

jokka OT Supporter

i recently took a week off after 3 months of lifting. on the 9th week my lifts started going down and i thought i was just tired that day and ignored it. On the 12th week.. my body completely shutdown and i was lethargic all day.

5. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

ok

6. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

I know it's not necessary but I have a busy ass week ahead of me and like I said, my low back feels like it needs a little rest.

7. y1997

y1997 Made in the U.S.S.R.

Nothing wrong with taking some time off. I usually cut back on the carbs and cut the cal just a bit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.