MMA Diet vs. Performance

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Savage5point0, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Savage5point0

Savage5point0 Im an asshole.

My question is basically what diet you feel provides you with the most energy and stanima? I usually get the same amount of sleep and my cardio is fairly good, but i feel like i gas quickly some days for no apparent reason. I know i have always been sensitive to diet (blood sugar level) in terms of mood and irritabilty. Its hard for me to eat right at a busy office, and when i get to class after work sometime i know i just dont have the right fuel in my body to go hard for a couple hours.

I usually skip breakfast or just have a yogurt and eat a large lunch high in calories and protien. Then have a protien bar and a gatoraide before class.

Im in the process of trying to eat 3 smaller meals before classes, with more carbs, vegetables and fruits and less fatty meats.

Anyone have any input / suggestions / flames? All are welcome.

2. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

breakfast being skipped is your problem

3. CrazyInteg

CrazyInteg Honda-Acura.net OG

Creatine actually works wonders for me. I think the weather affects me also. It's been like 70 degrees all week and I've had so much energy this week.

4. GSPFAN

GSPFAN New Member

Eggs the best thing to eat for breakfast energy?

5. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

Sleep is the most important for me.

I don't get much sleep because I always procrastinate and/or I can't sleep due to different things in life.

I know I'm going to suffer in training when I don't get enough sleep, I always feel like shit when I only get like 3-4 hours of sleep (which happens a lot), I feel "okay" when I get 5-6 hours of sleep and 7-9 hours of sleep is perfect for me and I feel like I can run a marathon after waking up.

I always eat breakfast (mainly either a bagel or PB/Jelly Sandwich), I always take my meal/protein shakes after every workout and I take 5g of CEE in the morning when I wake up and another 5g of CEE later around 5pm-6pm. I eat 3 times a day also (including the breakfast), I know its better to eat 6 small meals a day but this has been working out for me so far and my body has adjusted to it. And I also take fishoil & bromelain at least 3 times a day.

6. jmx2323

jmx2323 OT Supporter

not particulalrly, energy is carbs....I eat half a cup of oatmeal with peanutbutter in the morning. Im not training any combat sports right now but im training for military, I run 2-3 miles every morning and work out strength every eavening. A slow digesting carb in the morning will go a long way tword energy through out the morning and day.

7. teep

teep New Member

:werd:

I eat oatmeal, a banana, and a multivitamin for breakfast almost every morning and I eat an early lunch. That usually helps me feel good all day. I usually do alright in terms of being healthy with dinner too, but every weekend my diet goes to hell. It's hard for me to gain weight so all the beer, pizza, and IHOP I can eat won't make me look any different, but I swear that shit slows me down in training. I run and tran alot though so I think I've achieved a balance where things aren't getting worse, but they're not getting better haha. I'm sure most of you can relate when it comes to the weekend thing.

Edit: Everyones body is different, but at least for me if I skip breakfast and eat a really big lunch that will leave me in somewhat of a food coma. It won't really energize me. Usually it just makes me want to take a nap. I try, emphasis on try because I often don't, to eat small amounts throughout the day so I'm never hungry, but I'm never feeling full. Drinking alot of water throughout the day helps me too, although sometimes having to pee so often can be pretty distracting during class. Oh and have you tried a multivitamin? I never did till fairly recently (a few months ago), but that seems to help me feel better over all.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2006