Diet progress

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Bausk, Jun 12, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I'm trying to tweak my diet. I feel like I'm doing a good job, preparing meat and vegetables ahead of time to take to work, snacking on healthy things and keeping away from all soda and most all beverages but water. I am just having a hard time losing, even with training that was mainly cardio (including mma) with some lifting. Any helpful comments, as well as flames, are welcome. I've used alot of feedback and stickies from this and other forums to get me this far.

6'0 240lbs... goal is near 205 (maybe up 5-10) to fight at LHW in Amatuer MMA in 6-8 months. Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Saturday... 1-3 hours of training depending on the day, each day. Muay Thai, No Gi grappling, BJJ with Gi, and Boxing/Savate.

7am: Protein shake (1 scoop protein, cup of no fat yogurt, banana, skim milk)
    9am: Yogurt snack, 1 cup
    11am: "handful" of cherry tomatoes snack
    1pm: Lunch, prepared chicken breast and 2 cups of mixed veg. mostly broccoli
    3pm: serving of mini carrots snack
    5pm: pre-workout Protein shake (sooner or later depending)
    9pm: dinner/late meal, usually more meat and veggies, sometimes pasta with meat

I'm thinking I'm going to bring a sandwich (wheat bread, ham, turkey, cheese) as a late day meal at work before going to mma at night as well. I can't always get home for a shake or small meal before heading to the gym.

Otherwise I'm just drinking water, and trying to keep it to fruit, veggies, and meat (or protein). Maybe I'm just being impatient, but I want to be sure this is what I should be doing, or what I should change so I can meet my goals.

2. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

How much are you losing and how fast? 2 pounds a week is probably all I would hope for. Also, because you're conditioning you may be putting on some muscle at the same time.

use www.fitday.com to track your calories and make sure you get enough protien.

3. bear

bear frankly rover i dont give a "woof

you werent born in michigan were you?

4. Bausk

Bausk New Member

I was. :hsugh:

5. bigdamray

bigdamray New Member

I would lose the milk products. Change your 11:00 snack and your 3:00 snack to some almonds instead of tomatoes or carrotts. No pasta with supper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.