diet critique? v. fitday screenshot

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by eWRXshun, Mar 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

5'6", 145lbs. skinny fat. if i had to guess, i'd venture i'm about 25% bf.

right now, i'm trying to cut down to 13-15% and then start a clean bulk/lifting diet.

i just started on this diet about a week ago and this is what my average day looks like. i'm allergic to dairy so that's why you don't see any of that. allergic, not lactose intolerant. no whey, casein, etc...

[​IMG]

2. snigg

snigg New Member

just eat clean and lift heavy and you'll be fine.

3. egxflash

egxflash Riding on the Midship Express

why dont you just start clean bulking now? the fatness will eventually go away

anyway, you're caloric intake is pretty low, bra. 1200??? unless you're a 4' 80lb girl. Looks like your maintenance should be around 2200, so i wouldnt eat less than 1900. Eat more protein, get chicken/tuna/cottage cheese/PBJ,

good luck

Last edited: Mar 6, 2008
  4. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

wat? the whole point of BULKING is to put on fat, though slowly

5. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

its hard for me to get more clean calories right now. i get full so easily and am on a college budget. the dairy allergy really hinders my ability to take in easily soluble proteins during the day, limits me to and soy milk, rice milk and water for shakes.

i'll probably order a tub of these raw egg whites from this place. they're pasteurized and supposedly can be used as a milk substitute in shakes.

6. egxflash

egxflash Riding on the Midship Express

i think cytogainer is lactose-free and they have a deal on it right now...its on one of threads posted here.

you can do it man. i work 12 hour graveyard shifts which makes it super hard to eat well but the one thing that's helped me is having a foreman grill, then i just buy a shitload of meats from costco. Tuna out of the can+hot sauce too. It's not the best tasting shit in the world but you get used to it.

7. penisbird

penisbird Guest

maybe up calories a little bit.

8. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

i'm not lactose intolerant, i'm allergic.

whey and casein will give me the same issues. i get very dehydrated, swollen eyes and a temporary psoriasis.

9. Plan B

Plan B New Member

10. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

1200kcal??

Are you kidding?

11. Noelting

Noelting Guest

maybe he's missing limbs

12. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

i eat 3500 calories, diet looks ok, just eat more food

13. bigdamray

bigdamray New Member

Food choices suck huge donkey balls!! Jesus Christ, why don't you damn kids get a freakin' George Forman grill and start eating some real fucking food instead of all of this pre-packaged bullshit!! You are what you eat, you can't run a top fuel dragster off of unleaded gasoline, you need jet fuel!!

14. evolude

evolude OT Supporter

BDR is slooowly coming back. :bigthumb:

15. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

i have a george foreman.

i didn't say i ate the same crap every day, i said that's what my typical day looks like in terms of nutrients.

everything's pre-packaged these days unless i went out and slaughtered the fucking pork myself and bear swatted the fucking salmon from the stream. just because a butcher cuts the shit up into size doesn't mean shit.

16. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

Okay, here is what you need to do:

You are skinny-fat.
    If you try to lose weight you will end up RIDICULOUSLY skinny..

If you are 25% body fat at 145 means you have:
    108lbs lean mass
    36lbs of fat

If you want to see abs at 10% (assuming losing no lean mass) you need to be 118lbs. Do you REALLY want to be 118lbs? I don't think so.

Alternatively if you bulk, you are just going to get more fat. 25% body fat is horrible and adding to that fat means months and months more of dieting.. again - nobody wants that.

What you need is "body recomposition."

You're lucky because since you are a beginner you can gain muscle and lose fat much quicker than more experienced lifters.
    You need to start on a routine where you lift HEAVY and fairly frequently. Really go for building as much muscle as you can. Remember that if you can 1lb of muscle with no fat gain you have decreased your body fat % too!

You need to eat at around about maintenance levels (I'd guess ~2300 would be appropriate for you), keeping your carbs under control. Makes good food choices (listed in the Nutritional info sticky) and don't eat loads of crap.

You also need to change your negative attitude and focus on your goals. If you aren't prepared to put in the effort then you will fail, and you might as well not bother.

Does everyone else agree?

17. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

i agree with you.

help me out with the non-dairy (no whey, no casein, no lactose...) protein low-carb, low fat options.

eating solid food all day to take in 150g of protein makes me feel like my stomach is going to explode and i'm usually taking in almost as many carbs.

this is what yesterday was for me:
    [​IMG]

18. bigdamray

bigdamray New Member

Pre-packaged as in reference to frozen and with tons of sodium and preservatives. You better watch your tone with me young man. My advice is golden and you are cosidered fortunate that I took pity upon you and tried to help you. Do you even know who I am? I don't post in every thread, so when I decide to say something, it's worth listening to. However, you seem to know it all so why even ask in the first place? Good luck in all of your future endeavors.

19. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

btw, i play lots of hockey and do curls in the squat rack.

20. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

college budget :hs:

i'll agree, the pork loin was a bad choice. so was the icee treat.

but the healthy choice soups are too valuable to me as a lazy college student and the sam's salmon steaks are just tooo :yum: to give up.

21. bigdamray

bigdamray New Member

It is difficult to eat properly on a college budget. Lean meats and organic foods are expensive. There are alot worse choices than healthy choice soups. At least you are trying, that's more than 90% of the population.

22. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

No dairy - whey/casein etc? That's a bummer but it's not the end of the world.

Healthy choice soups.. they might be healthy but they don't do shit for your attempts to gain muscle and burn fat.

Is there no way you can buy meat in bulk? Do you have a freezer? Can you not buy a bag of 20 chicken breasts and freeze it? Eat 2 a day for most of your protein requirements. The salmon steaks are fine too - again I've seen those individually wrapped in bags of 20+.

Yeah it's a bit of an investment but good food DOES cost more. And at the end of the day you may end up saving money from leading a healthier lifestyle.

23. Meeocky

Meeocky New Member

Eat more real/lean foods and more curls in the squat rack.

EDIT:
    touche :squint:

24. eWRXshun

eWRXshun hai

these pics were taken on 3/1. i've never been on a diet or on a workout routine.

diet started on 2/24. fitday screen shot is from 2/24-3/11. one day in there was really low, didn't log the shit. i don't log all the exercise i do either, really just logging food.

yeah i know i have gyno. yeah i know i'm uneven. yeah i know i have some birthmarks. meh.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

25. Mitchj

Mitchj OT Supporter

i think your eating way too few calories and don't need to cut at all. That is ridiculously low, you should focus on building muscle right now, you're a little chubby, but not bad enough to be starving yourself.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.