MMA Diego dominated Diaz : Accept and Move on

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Rommel, Nov 6, 2005.

1. Rommel

Rommel friends forever

Just saw the other thread whining about Diaz and how because he didn't win. Now just accept that Diego won.

lol at this drivel,
    Diaz is great at jiu jitsu but for all the sub attempts he was throwing up he was getting gnp'd, stacked and passed. Diaz is really flexible and really awesome but apart from reversing sanchez he wasn't really up to much. Going by GNP's criteria Nog should have beat fedor in their first match when the reality of the matter that diego was consistently attacking and landing, .

Diego landed tons more gnp, actually landed more on the feet. Apart from the third round he got every single take down and consistently stuffed diaz's attempts. Even when on the bottom he didn't take any stiff shots and he came very close (much closer than diaz) to actually landing an armbar from guard.

I don't understand where you guys are rating diaz's submission attacks so closely, he didn't come close to any of them. The only thing he looked like getting was a kimura in the third round and that was with 10 seconds left and diego was practically out of it anyway. you make it sound like diego was on the back foot all match when in fact he was the aggressor all of the time. He took diaz's back like 3 or 4 times, he took him down whenever he wanted and had not problem punching through diaz's excellent guard.

It was an excellent fight but if you think Diaz won you're either a die hard closed guard player or blind.

2. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

:werd: I just watched it. wtf comments :rofl:

Diego simply owned Diaz. When Diaz got up Diego would simply take him down again. Takedowns require a lot of energy to pull off. And it wasn't like he was only laying on top of Diaz. He kept pounding the shit out of him. Diaz threw some weak punches from the guard and a couple of good upkicks but that's it. None of his subs were any good. Diego got the only real sub attempt and that was an armbar. While he's not nearly as technical, he had the strength and speed to counter that.

3. Rommel

Rommel friends forever

:werd:

it was close but diego clearly won. I knew that diaz wouldn't be able to sprawl and brawl with diego because diego's shot is so damn fast.

4. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

:rofl: @ you guys. I guess all the mma champs from here on out will just be wrestlers with basic boxing and sub defense.

5. G-n-P

G-n-P New Member

:ugh:

6. Rommel

Rommel friends forever

if it works for them and lol at diego having a bit of submission defence, the guy went toe to toe with marcelo on the ground at ADCC.

Diego is just as good if not better at BJJ than diaz

7. Rommel

Rommel friends forever

justify diaz winning the fight?

8. brolli

brolli OT Supporter

From what I saw, neither of them got "owned". Diaz was able to land some good hits, sweep Diego, pull off some sweet escapes and such. Diego had great takedowns, reversals, and also showed some good scrambling. Again I don't know how the matches are scored, but Diego did deserve it.

9. Rommel

Rommel friends forever

reversals generally indicate being in a bad position to begin with.

For example Rick Flair is 15 times WWE champion, this is not impressive, it means he lost the title 14 times
    bad analogy maybe but hopefully illustrates the point.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2005
  10. itr452

itr452 VTEC motherfucker, GOT ANY?

"oh man, both of the like lizards"
    "whoa he got ROCKED"
    "he's got dyanmite in his hands"

Joe rogan fucking owns

it was a fucking awesome fight, but i think that sanchez fought an excellent fight.

11. Placebo

Placebo New Member

Sanchez did a great job getting Diez down for the most part even if he didn't do hardly any damage. Diez takedown defence is complete shit and Sanchez's standup is terrible.

I agree with you that Diaz lost, but it wasn't by much at all. He definately wasn't "dominated."