Did your highschool have a gym?

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Plan B, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plan B

Plan B New Member

Did you use the gym?

If not, do you regrat not using it?

My school had a decent gym. Tons of free weights and machines. We had an indoor track which was padded for running. Two out door tracks too.

I wish I would've cared back then to get in shape, instead I was too busy geting high. :hs:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2007
  2. Sgt. Dignam

Sgt. Dignam Guest

what kind of a piss poor discussion is this?

yes my high school had a gym. It was a shit gym and had DB's that only went up to 60lbs. They had an old universal pully system thing that was just about rusted out and going to break, some EZ curl bars and 1 bench.

oh yah, and while I was there our football team went 0-12 every year. Losing by more than 35 points each game. Great strength and conditioning program we had eh?

3. TZ

TZ Banned

4. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

yea it had a gym

no, i didn't go more than once/week

5. camber

camber Active Member

yes it did

6. Limp_Brisket

Limp_Brisket New Member

7. Rich

Rich New Member

Yes.

8. Uglybob69

Uglybob69 I miss beer.

yes, a fairly nice one. We also had weight training I and II as classes to take. I wish they would have had a "Weight Training Nutrition" class... I'd have been a huge motherfucker when I graduated. :wtc:

9. Plan B

Plan B New Member

wtf happened here, i think i messed this thread up :eek3:

10. TZ

TZ Banned

It is we, the select few, the Brotherhood of Iron, who have placed the bar for athletic discipline and effort so high. Each time you squat ‘til you puke, pop the tupperware on your chicken and rice, blend a shake or can’t get out of bed because you are so sore from deads... every time you chalk up the bar or wrap your knees, know that you are the one… the one willing to do what it takes, to leave it all on the table, to go the extra mile. The one who could give a fuck about a blurb in the sports page or the admiration of onlookers. You are the one. An Animal. You are a bodybuilder–the hardest working athlete in the world. Fuck yeah.

11. Plan B

Plan B New Member

:rofl:

12. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

That's sick bro I'm gonna read that while I'm drinking my weight gainer protein shake before every lifting session.

Fuck rock on. LIFT ON, BABY! :bash:

13. Guitar_fool

Guitar_fool Guest

our school just spent 250k on our new weight room. id say its pretty nice.

14. Ohio_U_TE

Ohio_U_TE Ohio, son! OTer of the Year

we had a really nice gym as far as high schools go, we had a big lift-a-thon my Jr year to raise all the money

http://www.lubbockisd.org/mhs/mhshome.htm

I cant link you right to the page but go to athletics, football then to facilities

15. TZ

TZ Banned

As I enter, heavy metal music blasts into my ears. In the distance, someone is screaming… “One more fucking rep.” From another corner I hear, “Add another plate you pussy… That ain’t good enough.” Elsewhere a loud crash and a cloud of chalk, as a loaded deadlift bar hits the floor. This, a result of a missed attempt at a personal best lift. Some little pencil neck shoots by, ears covered, eyes bugged out of his head, looking for the nearest escape. He doesn’t belong here anyway. Where am I? Home… At least for the next couple of hours.

16. retorq

retorq What up bitch??

We had one, no I didn't use it, I don't really regret not using it. I more regret that I stopped working out when I met my gf, now wife (soon to be ex wife). When I look at some of you older guys I wish I hadn't stopped way back when.

17. Ohio_U_TE

The 1st one was kinda gay but I liked that one

18. TZ

TZ Banned

:rofl: :bigthumb:

I am on of the lucky few that has a real powerlifting gym to train in. That wasn’t always the case though. I used to drive three hours, one way, to train at a gym that had the equipment and atmosphere needed for powerlifting. Unfortunately, the majority of the population does not seem to want to accept us into their shiny little sissy gyms. We make too much noise, are scary, and apparently, we are intimidating to the “average” person. Well, the “average” person must have a fucking complex because we don’t give a shit about them and what they are doing.

19. event::woer

event::woer Βanned bу Suρer Mοderators

they had a shitty one but yes. i regret not having my uncle, the hs football coach, teach me to lift back then. he did last summer though :bowdown:

20. giz

giz Active Member

We had 2 great gyms. The only time I went was the one semester that I had weight training class. I remember getting some cheap protein, downing 1 scoop after each workout, and thinking I was going to get huge. :rofl:

21. pokpok

pokpok New Member

yea...but it was just a room with weights, 2 broken treadmills, and a few machines in shitty condition, but it got the job done i guess.

22. Ohio_U_TE

Yeah, I am not really into music that much though. I was taught to lift by my dad who played about 6 years in the league during the late 60s and early 70s when it wasn’t uncommon for starters to never touch a weight so he was a really big muscle head. He said back in his day they weight room was silent other than those who were lifting out of respect for the guy's lift and his concentration. Our strength coach doesn’t allow music during team lifting but I like that. The work out has to come more from with in which I think in turn helps me more on the field. When your adrenalin is gone and its late in the 2nd half it is nice to know that there has been a time before when you thought your tank was empty and you kept going on your own.

23. TZ

TZ Banned

:werd:

24. Tiberium

Tiberium Active Member

no...my highschool did not have a gym or any sports teams....it was 100% geeks and art kids

25. Titus

Titus New Member

yea we had a badass gym, pretty much like any college team's gym. our alumni spends tons of money on athletics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.