GUN Did you know they have a 4473 form in SPANISH?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by striker754, Aug 24, 2006.

1. striker754

striker754 Chillin

What the fuck.

ATF F 4473 Pt. I (SV) (5300.9)

Firearms Transaction Record Over-The-Counter (Spanish Version) - can not be posted, must be ordered from the Distribution Center

this country is going to shit.

2. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Not suprised, DMV forms are available in about a dozen different fucking languages, if your going to be on the road where signs are in fucking english you should be able to fill out english forms.

3. Jake!

Jake! Guest

I'll just leave this thread instead of getting :mad: :madfawk:

4. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Well I'm probably in the minority here (har) but I don't have a problem with it. New immigrants don't usually have the best english to start with but I have no problem with making it easy for them to own a firearm to protect themselves, especially since they will probably be living in a low income neighborhood for a while.

5. Gimik

Gimik New Member

Nothing wrong with it. My grandparents don't speak english and they should have the right to defend themselves as much as anyone else.

6. Razardica

Razardica Active Member

Yeah, you can buy guns if you're a resident alien for more than 90 days and have papers. It's hard but you can do it. What if a Spaniard wants to blow a cheating bitch's head off? Spanish is the language of love, after all.

7. no7fish

no7fish New Member

I think that people who are aiming to make a new life here should be able to speak basic English plain and simple. I understand that that strikes some people as a rude statement but....

On the other hand, I also feel that they shouldn't be excluded from certain RIGHTS as a citizen because they may not be very good at speaking a second language.

Besides, if they will read the driver's exam to you because you CAN'T READ your ONLY LANGUAGE then I think it's fair that they produce the paperwork in other languaes.

8. Gimik

Gimik New Member

wtf! yes! :hahano:

edit: Im 1/4 Irish and 3/4 Mexican.

9. Artyboy

Artyboy Necessity is the excuse for every infringement of

I don't mind it. If they're here legally then they should be able to defend themselves. If a person can get by without speaking/reading english then more power to them. Sure it's a pain in the ass when I try to talk to someone and they start spouting spanish at me but realistically it doesn't happen very often. When it does it's at McDonald's or some place like that and it's nothing more than a minor inconvenience. If they break one of our laws because of the language barrier (disobeying a traffic sign for example), though, then it's unacceptable.

10. Furner

Furner New Member

this is yet another example of how a national language will help eliminate govt waste.

11. striker754

striker754 Chillin

Come to this country. You learn the language and adapt to our customs. You don't fly the fucking Mexican flag saying illegals are not illegal. If you want Mexico, go back to that shithole. You are in America.

12. Furner

Furner New Member

hey man im with you. there is so much shit this country does to cater to those who cant even communicate with the majority. i get customers at work screaming discrimination because i refuse to try and decypher their shitty broken engrish. im sick and tired of it. we speak ENGLISH here.

13. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

Do you think when you're an immigrant you just enter the country speaking perfect english?

14. striker754

striker754 Chillin

To enter this country for any time longer than a vacation, you should be able to speak, read, and understand the basics of thelanguage that the overwhelming majority of this country speaks. You dont have to speak it perfect. But lets be honest, the 4473 is not exactly complex University level reading.

15. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

Spanish speakers shouldn't be allowed to go through the legal process of owning a gun because of the language that they speak? :ugh:

16. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

It takes a little longer than a "vacation" to learn a new language :ugh:

17. striker754

striker754 Chillin

And where did I say it took that long or are you just illiterate? I said you should know basic language before you come here.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2006
  18. DaJMan

DaJMan When i was young, i dreamed of being a baseball

what percentage american...?

thats not a shot at you, just i always wonderded why americans tend to specify themselves by their ancestors' heritage and not the country of their birth...?

19. Gimik

Gimik New Member

I'm a Phoenix native. My family goes back here to before Arizona was a state actually.

I think Americans discuss their heritage because American heritage is so diverse.

20. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

A person could very well be functional enough to get around town, get groceries, work, and pay my bills in their 2nd language but be absolutely terrified of signing government forms that could possibly result in a felony for bad answers. If I can get it in my native language I'd feel much safer no matter how simple the form seems.

I've had 4 years of spanish and I doubt I could read "have you ever been adjucated mentally defective (which includes having been adjucated incompetent to manage your own affairs) or have you ever been committed ot a mental institution?" were I to see it printed in spanish. I could probably manage day to day activities however. I don't think anyone is trying to not learn english, it'd be much easier here if you knew it.

I hope all the spanish speaking immigrants fill out a 4473 in spanish, appreciate their 2nd amendment freedoms, and maybe reconsider voting democratic.

21. no7fish

no7fish New Member

In deeper thought, I think that people should be able to speak at least basic english but I understand that they don't. This is slightly aside from the issue as far as I'm concerned though because I don't think that a non-english speaker or even someone who is trying to speak english and speak SOME english should sign legally binding paperwork without knowing precisely what it says.

22. DaJMan

DaJMan When i was young, i dreamed of being a baseball

thanks for the insight... we have a pretty diverse population here in aus too, but most that immigrate are usually proud to officially become "Australian" and usually anyone born here, asian or white or whatever *usually* call themselves australian.

interesting differences... hmmm

23. striker754

striker754 Chillin

so where do you want it to end? You want a 4473 in every language? Im sure that will work well, cause afterall, they are entitled to it, per you guys.

Bottom line is that America speaks predominantly English. Hell thats what their rights they are entitled to are written in.

Catering to these people like this is going to be the downfall of America.

24. Nick Gerz

Nick Gerz OT Supporter

you should look into how the armed forces advertise in spanish before you get your collective panties in a bunch.

25. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

I dont know, but when theres a significantly large group of americans why not try to accomidate them? We're talking 12% of the US population that speaks spanish, its the 2nd most popular language in the US by an incredibly huge margin, with the US having the 5th largest spanish speaking population in the world.

How is it the "downfall of america?" You keep saying all this gloom and doom stuff but you haven't explained why its bad. The more people I can get to love the 2nd amendment the more I feel like the US is getting better.