SRS Did you go to rehab or detox or couch it?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by anomaly, Nov 22, 2003.

1. anomaly

anomaly If you weren't around for the original HA.net spli

A month in a detox/psych ward and 6 months in rehab.

2. Demon Of Dreams

Demon Of Dreams Feed me with lies and hate, and from that, I will

own free will mostly, I saw where my family life was heading.... after a night of drinking with my mom and her boyfriend at the time, I realized that NO SON should ever have to drink with his parent when that parent used to have 13 years clean prior to that past year we had gone drinking and whatnot...

after that, I stopped drinking entirely, went to arizona and tested the waters with it, and even though I had ordered a drink, when they asked for my ID to make sure, i gave it to them half expecting not to care, and thankfully, they declined to give me a drink, and I thanked them for keeping me honest...

after that, even though the craving was there, I never once felt the need to try my luck at it again, and it seemed to work... a year later I turned 21, and I did fuck all for my birthday, thought didn't even cross my mind to go out and buy alcohol just because I was 21... this year, I've come to a lot of various realizations that the cravings are still there, but not nearly as much as they used to be, and if I avoid certain sections in stores, and stay around people who don't drink or who won't drink around me, I feel a bit more comfortable with everything...

so, err, yeah, thats kinda weird and out there...:hs:

3. Mycophiles

Mycophiles OT Supporter

Intresting. Which one and for what?

Share would ya? I don't see much point in making a poll in who's been to the psych ward, halfway house, detox center and who hasn't. It's what happens inside that makes a different in our lives. They are not badges of recovery although they can be taken as such. I'd like to know what drove you to be checked in. Did you check yourself in or was it conditional.

On the subject of the psych ward here.

There are many people who have visited the psych ward.. Prob a ton on this site alone but it's a idea that comes with certain social stigmata. Reason's having to do with understanding and fear from society in general I'm sure.

There's a perfectly understandable reason for why society is so fearfull of psych wards and residents of. If you take an example of someone's visit just 40 years ago you might hear of hypnotic therapy experiences on some of the more hanis psych problems or shock treatment for paranoia. These treatments have since been catagorizes as non-medical procedures. The mind is very foreign to doctors even today. Many years in the past they had no idea what they were doing and even today it's not exactly well known(by long shot). They were essentially experiementing on people within the reasoning of making them 'well'. I seem to remember also of a time period where people who had fits of histeria were treated by having their frontal cerebrum (behind forehead) crushed by utensils. They were afterwards passive. (understandibly :eek3: )

I read John Nash's Biography. (A Beautifull Mind) He was checked into a mental hospital unvolentarily and his progress was judged as a mental apptitude to do his job. What I'm getting at is that his societal worth was judged by what the doctors said while he was in there. The problem was that the doctors had no idea how to treat his problem.

Anyway, I'm trying to say is that mental institutions are there for more reasons than to protect the general public. People go there just to think, to be treated medically, to see doctors, to get away from life, to get away from social pressures and so on. Not everyone goes there because they are crazy but maybe because they might suspect themselves crazy ;).

Many very successful people have visited one in their time on this planet. Please don't be afraid to share such an experience because as I said earlier there are many people here to have been there before.

4. Phish Esq.

Phish Esq. New Member

The last and hopefully final time, 2 months rehab and I was on my way.
    I had done 4 months inpatient and 3months halfway house one other time, but I just wanted to get clean and not sober so that didn't work out