SRS did you ever have one of those days?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by beautiful disaster, May 1, 2006.

1. beautiful disaster

beautiful disaster OT Supporter

where you feel like nothing can make it better?

i've been feeling really depressed lately...not depressed like i'm gonna go kill myself or anything...just that i'm not going anywhere.

i'm dating this really awesome guy...that couldn't be better...but my home life just sucks.

i'm stuck in this apartment that i'm really worried i can't afford. i got it with my ex a little more than half a year ago and he moved out and i'm stuck with it. i feel like i got rushed into it and of course i got screwed over. i just don't know what to do.

same with my job...i'm a 911 dispatcher. i like the job, but it's not what i wanna do. i'm an emt and my real passion is being on the ambulance - out on the street, lights and sirens screaming down the road, saving lives...i love it! i really want to go back to school to get my PHRN and be a flight medic but i feel like i'm being held back. and that just makes me really unhappy.

cliffs: hate my home life, unhappy with where my life ISNT going...what can i do?

2. Yes have some!

Yes have some! Active Member

Be patient. You are still young. Imagine being like some of the other people that work here...old and this is all that they have ever done. You can always work OT or got PT and go to school.

3. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

If possible go live back with your parents, finish your study and go for your dreams. (a side note) i heard that going back often doesn't work out, so if its not an option i would try to find an appartment not half as expensive 'or' alternativly a roommate that you can go along very well with.

4. CastorTroy

CastorTroy New Member

What do you feel is holding you back from returning to school?

5. Pringles

Pringles New Member

I know this won't solve your problems, but sometimes it helps to put things in perspective and look at where you are on the food chain. Some children/people in Iraq can't walk the streets without being scared of a bomb. Some in Africa can't walk around wtihout getting disease or hiv. Sometimes we are better off than we really think and we just need to take a step back and look at it. Life is what you make of it.

6. beautiful disaster

beautiful disaster OT Supporter

i'm stuck with apartment that i feel like i can't really afford. and i just found out they're raising my rent and i'm barely making ends meet now... i'm sort of in debt....i'm not that much in the hole...a little more than a grand maybe. and it's not like i'm making payments...i just can't get ahead...and have no money put away. and because of this i feel like i can't go back to school and persue my dreams.

i'm so stressed about money that i'm gettin anxiety attacks and it's effecting my performance at work and in the field. in emergency services you always have to be on top of your game and it's getting really hard for me to do my job because it's stressful enough as it is.