SRS Did my girlfriend lose attraction for me? WTF happened?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by t-t-t-today, Mar 21, 2009.

1. t-t-t-today

t-t-t-today New Member

Been together for over a year now.

This is the 2nd time this has happened. The last time was about 4-5 months ago.

We are both 20 years old.

Things have been going GREAT! She would text me and say to me that she loves me all the time. I love her back and I told her that all the time. All of a sudden today we were supposed to hang out. I talked to her earlier in the day and she seemed like she was in a crabby mood. Then 2 hours before we are supposed to hang out she texts me "I think I need some space". My reaction was simply "are you being serious?". She said she "doesn't know". I said "well whatever, I need to know what you want to do because i can't just be on edge about this all day. I need to know". She said "i think i want to be single. I'm sorry". Then I called her and asked her why she is breaking up with me. For the most part she kept saying that she doesn't know why, but that she wants time to herself. Since this has happened before, I told her that I'm not going to go through this again. If she is going to break up with me then I will not take her back this time. So I asked her what she really wants to do, she said she doesn't want to lose me forever, but she needs some space for now. I said "well it doesn't work like that. I guess that's it then. Have a nice life, Bye." And then I hung up.

2 hours later she started calling me crying that she is an idiot and she regrets saying any of that stuff to me. She doesn't know why she said any of that and that she wants to be with me. I told her that she broke my heart and that taking her back again would make me feel like a tool. She was persistent though, so I told her that we should at least take a few days apart and then see how we feel. I told her not to call me again today and that was the last I heard from her.

What would cause a girl to suddenly spring this bullshit on me out of nowhere, and then suddenly want me back? Should I take her back? We love each other very much. I just want to know what happened, and if she will just end up doing this to me again in a month if I take her back.

Edit: I would like to add that I really WANT to be with her. I WANT to take her back. I just don't know if I can handle having her randomly break my heart again. She wouldn't even give me a legit reason.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2009
  2. Libera

Libera New Member

Maybe this is her way of getting attention and/or seeing if you really want to be with her.

3. Ivan

Ivan New Member

There could be many reasons, but from the outside, this is what I see. I might me wrong since I don't know you at all but it's how I feel from the threads I have read that you have made. It sounds to me like you have a lot of issues and for some reason it's getting hard for her to bear with everything.

Perhaps she was expecting some kind of change or improvement on your part, and since she doesn't see any, she feels hopeless about the relationship.

4. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Dude, forget WHY she has done this. She's 20, and has already done this twice in a year? You don't need that.

And calling back 2 hours later crying? Come on, who needs drama like that?

5. t-t-t-today

t-t-t-today New Member

So would I be an idiot to take her back?

She called and texted me at 2am last night. I didn't respond, but she just said that she can't sleep because she misses me.

6. Abomb

Abomb New Member

you should play this scenario very carefully for the next few months. Do not officially get back with her, keep her on edge and toy with her, collect lots of sex in between, while finding a replacement girlfriend.

7. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

Broski. :bowdown:

8. Frito

Frito New Member

This is exactly what I was gonna tell you.

9. t-t-t-today

t-t-t-today New Member

Today she said she wanted to be single because she wasn't happy because she doesn't go to school or have a job. She said she felt like she was bringing me down. I feel so bad because I told her that I feel like I can't believe in our relationship anymore. I regret it so badly now because I think she was just confused or something....would she think i'm a wimp if I called her up and told me i'm willing to give it another shot?

I don't think she has cheated at all.

10. Ivan

Ivan New Member

Confused? Why would she be? She's insecure about something, which could include cheating or not, but nonetheless there's something going on.

If her reasons for behaving like this are true and she truly thinks that not going to school/work is bringing you down, then why doesn't she do something about it instead of breaking up? She's not telling you something, I reckon.

11. Zee916

Zee916 Engineering the world.......

Dude, your 20.

Don't waste time with some emotional bitch that just gives you a headache after barely a year.

12. boosted420

boosted420 New Member

I'm sayin! Dump that bitch man. She's already playing you.

13. CorpseStreet

CorpseStreet New Member

Maybe she was feeling down and felt she needed a change in her life btu the only thing she could come up with was ending her relationship? It's easy to say dump her but no one is perfect and sometimes people say/do stupid things.

14. PcH

PcH Guest

It's a tough situation. I've come to hard times in relationships at the same time frame you're talking about. I don't have much advice to offer other than to follow your gut.

15. Abomb

Abomb New Member

the only way you are not going to fail in this situation is by following the best advice you are going to get that I give you.

16. Abomb

Abomb New Member

and combine my advice with this sentiment.

17. Abomb

Abomb New Member

she is wishy washy. she is making dumb as fuck excuses to break up with you. She may or may not be cheating on you (i bet she is, but I admit she may not be, I dont know your gf). She has low interest in you. Fuck around with her as much as possible (if she even still wants your penis) while enjoying the single life or finding a replacement girlfriend. Or cut all ties. Whatever you prefer. But your relationship should be done now and if you take her back ill be the first to say you are acting like a little bitch.

18. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

This.

Dude I've been in exactly that situation before. The girl was saying almost the exact same thing to me.

There's another guy.

That's retarded. I'm not in school and I'm unemployed right now and I still want to be with my gf.

Yes.

Here's what's happening:

Her: "I need some space"
    She's losing interest in you

Her: "I want to be single"
    Her interest for you is like 2/100 right now

You: "Have a nice life. Bye"
    By pushing her away, you raised her interest.

Her: "omg :wtc: i don't know why I said all that stuff, maybe we should try it again"
    Her interest is raised and she testing you again. At this point if you say "ok baby I missed you too" her interest will fall. If you say "no" her interest will rise even more.

The bottom line is her interest for you is waning unless you play stupid games, and that's not worth doing in a relationship. You want someone who loves you when you are yourself and not someone who loves you because you push and pull at just the right times. That's bullshit.

She made her decision.

Dude trust me, speaking from experience cuz I've been in exactly your situation before: no matter how hot she is, how awesome she is, and how fucking awesome in bed she is, it's really a billion times better to be with someone who wants to be with you naturally.

With this chick, even if you try it again, her interst is just going to fade and then it's going to be more of this shit in another month or so. She didn't "realize she made a mistake and wants to be with you." That's bullshit. She's just saying that to backward rationalize the spike in attraction she felt when you told her "no."

19. Abomb

Abomb New Member

^

which is why I recommend tease fucking her for a while (hot and cold with your interest) until you drop the "OOPS, I have a new gf" bomb on her for the LOL factor.

20. Dahlia

Dahlia Active Member

Wait....... Aren't you the guy that just posted a thread stating you have no job, are broke, and won't go to college?

I think she was just saying that to not hurt your feels and really doesn't want to deal with that anymore. There gets to be a point in everyones life where they just can't put up with shit any more.

21. t-t-t-today

t-t-t-today New Member

I really doubt she is cheating or has cheated...she has never lied to me. If anything she thinks I'm a loser since i'm 20 and haven't really done shit with my life since high school. I told her it's over and she said ok and cried more i'm sure. I checked her name on myspace (immature?) and she already changed her profile to "single". whatever, I'd take her back in a second though....she made me happy.

22. Abomb

Abomb New Member

oh she dumped him for being low status :rofl:

23. Ichabod Crane

Ichabod Crane Active Member

24. Abomb

Abomb New Member

naw I dont think he has a chance anymore for the sex, he was dumped for being low status

25. illectronic

illectronic I'm Coming Home OT Supporter

She sounds a little crazy bro. Fuck that shit.