Did I just fry my mobo?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Alchemist, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Alchemist

Alchemist Your Neighborhood Supplier

I built a CPU about 3-4 weeks ago using a K7N2 Delta-L as mobo but as of today the cpu wont boot up. I was using my cpu normally when it just turned off out of nowhere. I thought i might have kicked the off button by accident so I tried to boot back on but all that happened was the LEDs on my case and fan turned on for about 1 second and then turned off, and that was it. So I let the PC sit for about 5 minutes and I tried again but with the same result.

I thought it might be the Power Supply so I used an equal power supply from a different computer but still had no luck. I even used the suspect Power Supply in my 2nd computer and it worked perfectly. So that wasnt hte problem. I then tested all of my components on this 2nd computer, except the motherboard and processor so the problem has to lie in one of the two, although I doubt its the processor.

I've noticed that lots of people have this same problem and they all have K7N2 Delta-L. So if nebody can help me, I'd greatly appreciate the help as I have no idea what to do.

On a note, I didnt smell any frying on the mobo either and I am about to reset CMOS right now.

Thank You

My Setup: K7N2 Delta L
    Athlon XP 3000+

Maxtor Diamondmax 160 GB HD ata 133
    MSI K7N2 Delta-L
    NEC 2500A DVDRW/CDRW
    ATI Radeon 9800 pro 128MB version
    Windows XP Pro SP1
    Kingston PC3200 Ram 512 MB Single
    M$ Intellimouse/keyboard

PSupply:

Voltage 115/230V