Did I get hit on, or....

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by fray, Aug 5, 2008.

1. fray

fray New Member

did I possibly meet a couple to hang out with?

I was at the gym today and some guy asked me to help him... does dips with weights on his legs, needs someone to pile the weights on. So, I did. I assumed I was being hit on, so I was conscious not to be flirty, just nice. I was the closest one to him, but there were a few other guys in the vicinity. He asked me to help him with like 4 more sets, and then was using the bench next to me for the rest of his stuff.

He was chatting me up the whole time. I made sure to slip in that I have a boyfriend early so he didn't waste his time. He kept talking and mentioned something about his wife. Apparently his wife's father lives over by us (we live far away from this particular gym). He randomly asks about the beach (if we like to go..random and weird question) and I mention there's a beach near where we live (which is shocking based on the size of the town and location) and he asks if I'll email him directions. I give him my email and he's gonna email me so I can reply. I forget what else was said, but I'm upstairs running and he comes up and asks for my number, says he'll call us if they're in town, maybe we can hang out. I was all excited thinking we'd have some people to hang out with since we only have a few sets of friends. My bf thinks I'm crazy and that no one wants to just hang out with people after just meeting them. So, now I'm thinking they're probably crazy, swingers, or Amsway salesmen and I shouldn't have given any of my info to him!!

What does the vag think?

2. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I wouldn't answer, call or email. But I'm weird about strangers.

3. FrozenSTi

FrozenSTi This site WILL get me in trouble......

I wish interesting things like this happened to me more often. There may be alterior motives, but what the hell. If he calls, go on a double date and check them out. If they hand you a flyer about the next Jehovah Witness clan party or something, cut bait and run. But who knows where a new friendship will take you.
    And of course, whatever you do, don't hook up with them alone.

4. BadKat

BadKat GIVE ME WINE!!

Then how do you make friends? It's this sort of attitude that's left people like myself out in the cold.

I've moved around a lot because of my Husband's job (Military). I'm a very outgoing person, friendly, easy to get along with. However, I run into people with YOUR attitude more often than not, and then I'm left in a new town with no one to talk to, no one to do things with.

If it wasn't for random encounters, I wouldn't ever meet people to be friends with, to hang out with.

I agree with Frozen. Go on a double date, see where things go/how they feel and you may have found a cool new couple to chill with. If it doesn't go anywhere, no biggie, and if it gets creepy, you can cut and bail.

5. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

read the 3way thread that was recently posted.

If you do meet, make sure you have access to your vehicle or a way out at all times.

It really could be that these guys want to just hang out, but it does not hurt to be careful.

6. jonno

jonno New Member

run

7. iwishyouwerebeer

I've always met friends in places I felt comfortable. Somehow a guy seemingly flirting with me at the gym and disguising it as "helping him" with weights on top of asking all my personal info on where I live, my email, etc. would never ever fly.

8. fray

fray New Member

that's the thing - it all flowed like normal conversation and just seemed a little like hitting on at the time. It's when I thought about it all together after the fact that it eek'd me out.

9. iwishyouwerebeer

Yeah, I can't imagine you just spouting off personal info unless it did feel like a really casual conversation. But reading it makes me way :ugh:

Not to mention, I don't need or care for any more couple friends for double dates or whatever.

10. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

while i know there are creepy people out there, i dont automatically think the worst about people unless i get that bad feeling in the pit of my stomach.

if he didnt creep you out while you were talking, then maybe meet them somewhere in your town for drinks and see if you guys get along. if you dont, just dont respond to any further advances. if if they are looking for swingers, just let them know you arent interested. some people are just friendly (i talk to random people everywhere i go)

11. iwishyouwerebeer

Just to fuck with you all, the most charming unsuspecting men tend to be serial killers....:mamoru:

12. jonno

jonno New Member

:)

13. JohnJohnJohnson

JohnJohnJohnson Effetely Sipping My Latte OT Supporter

as a grown woman, you should always fear the unknown. doing so makes your life much more linear.

14. BlackIce72

BlackIce72 New Member

omg :run: people are being nice and like to expand a social circle based on similar interests

e-mail was a probe... a tester to see if you thought he was a freak. you didn't.

next was the phone... because shit if you'd give him the e-mail maybe you'd give him the phone and he'd know better where you stand.

yeah maybe he wants to bang you -- OR MAYBE HE AND HIS WIFE ARE LIKE A LOT OF OTHER COUPLES AND WANT TO FIND OTHER COOL COUPLES TO CHILL WITH

:big grin:

15. fray

fray New Member

We are not good friend makers. We have only a few couples we hang out with and we don't see them real often.

16. JohnJohnJohnson

Hmm. Is that you in your AV?

17. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Good. Girls should do this (when it's true).

As for the rest of it, he's probably a weirdo but you never know he might be cool.

But a guy with a wife getting contact info from another girl, that's kind of weird.

And you with a bf giving your contact info to another guy. Hmm.

Tell me would you fuck this guy if you were single?

18. iwishyouwerebeer

:mamoru: Just showed my bf the thread and he said he'd think I was crazy as well if it was me.

19. fray

fray New Member

Yup. That's me. I've really been working hard on kicking my moonshine habit though.

That's the thing...if it was like he was trying to pick me up, there'd have been no way. But it was all like cool, if we're in the area, maybe we'll call you guys. At the time it made sense. Now I'm second-guessing and it's freaking me out that he's got my info.

I didn't really talk to him enough, nor did the thought even cross my mind, to make any kind of determination of what I would do if single.

:(

Southpark is on - the scissoring episode for those of you who are familiar with it. My bf msg's me from upstairs "you're in for some scissoring from the gym couple". He's finding this far too funny.

20. iwishyouwerebeer

:bowrofl: "Scissor me timbers!"

21. fray

fray New Member

yeah, he threw that in there too! :mamoru:

22. razi

razi New Member

maybe they're cool, maybe they're weird. you'll never know until you take a chance.

if you're safe about meeting them, what could it hurt? worst case, you get a good laugh when half the vag crew says "told you so!!11"

23. yankeeschick14

yankeeschick14 New Member

we sat at a random table at a wedding recently, and got to talking with these other two couples. I didnt think too much of it becuase we meet people often and talk for an evening and then never see them again, but at the end of the night one of the girls asked for my number. I was thinking that was a bit odd, but she called me two days later and asked if we wanted to go out for her bfs bday. The other couple was there, too, and we've since chatted a couple of times and met some cool new people to hang out with. I'd say go for it, bring your bf with you, and see what happens. But then again I'm always up for meeting new people, so I just may be more open to it than others.

24. JohnJohnJohnson

:wtf:

25. fray

fray New Member

I think all the swingers in the house are taking this the wrong way. For the record, I don't find anything wrong with swinging, just wanted to find out if he seemed friendly or flirty from an outside perspective. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, it's just in my differentials for why a married man chatted me up about the beach and wanted my number.