GUN Did I do decent?

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by copeland, Nov 19, 2009.

1. copeland

copeland smarter than you

Bought a 10/22 off a guy, says he spent about 20 rounds sighting it in.

It's Ruger 10-22 K10-22RPF, with a picatiny rail for a scope attached.

I like the synth/stainless combo, however not sure about the composite trigger group Ruger now supplies.

I dropped $270 Cdn on it, figured not bad if it's as new as the seller states.

As for mods, not too sure. 10/22 is good for what 50-75 m depending. I'll probaby just pick up some 25 + round magazines for it, a little scope and call it a day. I was looking at target barrels and the hogue over molded stock, but I don't think I want to put that much money into a (max) 50-75 m rifle.

I know everyone and there dog has a 10/22 so maybe there are better opinions, and suggestions?

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  2. Get the VQ target hammer package for it. I don't know if Brownells ships to Canada, but it's like $35USD with the discount. You'll also need 2 hammer bushings if you have one with the plastic trigger assembly, as I believe they all have hammers with the bushings built in, so you will need new ones. They're like $2 each though.

3. copeland

copeland smarter than you

Whats the hammer package for? Is it just a replacement due to the plastic trigger group?

4. The hammer package replaces the hammer and some springs. It'll give you a way nicer and lighter trigger pull. It's an upgrade on any of the factory 10/22 triggers, not just the new ones.

5. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

I agree with MG, upgrading the trigger is a necessity and with the Ruger 10/22 it's dirt cheap. Also, with good ammo and some skill it is good for way beyond 75 meters; I have taken mine out past 300m against a steel drum and was able to hit it regularly with mediocre ammo.

6. 4W4K3

4W4K3 New Member

An extended magazine release was a must have for me. It makes dropping the mag a lot easier. An extended bolt release (proper term?) is also a great addition, the stock one is very small even for my smallish hands. And with a scope attached, it's very hard to get to IMHO.