Did FFXI drink the cool-aid?

Discussion in 'Online Adventures' started by Stilgar1973, Jul 4, 2007.

1. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

It has been.... maybe as long as a year since I played last.
    I got to the urge to play, found the expansion for on the cheap, hell I even picked up the 360 version.

I logged in, found myself in the Valkerie Dunes. I figured out that when last I played I had been leveling a sub-job that is level 17.
    I aggrod a Lizard.
    Ended up getting my ass handed to me.

What is puzzling is I can't seem to find ANYTHING that has been reduced on my character. No lost XP points. Doesn't look like my magic got leveled down or anything. Looks like I got knocked back to the dude with the flag and I am ready to go against the lizzard again.

Tell me that FFXI didn't drink the cool-aid and take away all repurcussions to getting killed. Tell me it isn't so.

2. Stilgar1973

Stilgar1973 New Member

What I am trying to ask, is is there still a death penalty in this game?

I called it 'drinking the Kool-Aid' cause I think these games are moving in the direction of no death penalty. I am from the school of thought that death is bad and not having a penalty takes some of the drama from the game. No drama and I get bored.

3. jasonj478

jasonj478 New Member

They lowered the amount lost a few updates ago. you can find a chart below that shows how much is lost if you home point, Raise1, Raise2, or Raise3.

http://wiki.ffxiclopedia.org/K.O.