MMA Did Cro Cop break Wandy?

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by joechunkybutt2, Dec 30, 2008.

1. joechunkybutt2

joechunkybutt2 New Member

I feel like ever since he got KTFO he hasn't been the same. I remember watching it live when he just kinda fell over in slow motion after cro cop kicked his head on the same side he couldn't open his eyes.

or is it just time for that generation of fighters to fall?

Wandy, Chuck, Big Nog, Cro Cop, Shogun, etc. come to mind

2. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

Shogun is not a part of that generation of fighters, he is younger and hasnt seen anywhere near the damage those guys have.

Wanderlei still looked good enough against hendo until he ate that hook.

He looked good against chuck, his chin was just like it used to be, he'd get dropped, but recover amazingly fast. As much as this KO was hard to see, I think its 50/50 as far as him being done.

Chuck just looked lethargic and slow, time has caught up with him.

Nog is done, he has looked terrible in his last 3 fights, they need to just give him grapplers with no striking. maybe Jake Obrien.

There is something to be said for being KO'd once opening up yourself to getting KO'd much more often. We've seen it happen, and i think this wont be Wandy or Chuck's last KO losses.

3. ZSPTurbo

ZSPTurbo New Member

The game is evolving. People say that theres a revolving door, but it's just people getting better. As fighters learn new things, the style of fights changes. The top 5 fighters in every weight class today could each probaby beat the top guy from 3 or 4 years ago.

4. roose

roose Guest

5. konrad109

konrad109 New Member

Damn reading stuff like that scares me. I don't mind getting hit in the head, its actually kinda exhilerating, but risking brain damage, fuck that.

Yeah I do think Crocop broke wandy. That was a massive kick.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2008
  6. Ghost of Swayze

Ghost of Swayze Ofcourse you mad

I think page...is just that good

7. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

8. bpa00

bpa00 New Member

I dunno... This thought has definitely crossed my mind... I also wonder if guys are just more efficient strikers than they used to be... Wand's style of absorbing all kinds of punishment so he can dish out even more ("rock em sock em robot style") just doesn't work as well when guys can land precision strikes that end the fight w/ a single punch... Rampage hits hard as f*ck, and that punch landing right on the button probably would have knocked out most guys.

Same w/ Nog absorbing all kinds of damage and waiting until his opponent wears out to submit them.... He also has to deal w/ the fact that refs in America stop fights when one guy is in trouble... Unlike PRIDE/Japan in which refs will let fights go til the bitter end (too late in many cases)...