WEB Did anyone use affiliate marketing to supplement their income while in college?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by SPACECATAZ, Mar 27, 2010.

1. SPACECATAZ

SPACECATAZ New Member

I'm moving off campus next year and I'm wondering if affiliate marketing would be a good way to supplement my income since I'll have to start paying rent soon. What kind of conversions could a beginner see in their first two months of affiliate marketing?

2. dontfrostthepie

dontfrostthepie New Member

5 figures daily bro. no doubt.

3. Phasm

Phasm OT Supporter

It depends on what you're trying to promote. Honestly, right now is not a great time to try and get into the affiliate game. If you're new expect to lose some $ learning before you make anything worth talking about. Please don't buy any guru bullshit how to be an affiliate program either like jeff johnsons lolz

4. LowClass

LowClass New Member

Not completely true, i got into affiliate marketing and hit $250/day just before two months. I did have prior and on-going experience with e-commerce though as you know.

If you havn't ever done anything on the web, i wouldn't rely on it unless you have time and money to really get into it.

5. SPACECATAZ

SPACECATAZ New Member

Not really that much $, I was just thinking of setting up like 5 or so phpBay websites and letting them sit. :dunno:

Some blogs I've been reading mentioned that they have gotten good returns with them and there is relatively low setup and upkeep needed on them, which is exactly what I was looking for. All I would really have to do is drive traffic to them.

6. Yahdude

Yahdude New Member

Heh, he won't quite have the resources you do available.

7. Yahdude

Yahdude New Member

Fixed. And a solid strategy.

8. transistor

transistor Well-Known Member

i still can't get accepted to ebay :greddy:

9. Phasm

Phasm OT Supporter

Because of the new regulations. A year ago it was easy to make money with any rebill offer because they were shady as fuck and easy to suck people into. The more legitimate affiliate offers are harder to convert/usually pay less because they aren't scams. A lot of the affiliate networks are fucked, hydra is trying to sell themselves off :rofl:.

I used to think affiliate marketing was the best thing ever until I had a really amazing streak of luck and become friends with a few of the bigger IM gurus that are going to promote my traffic membership site :o recurring revenue ftw.

10. Phasm

Phasm OT Supporter

I know it's entirely possible, I just don't want to give the guy false hope because most new affiliates do lose before they make. Your just a baller. ;)

11. LowClass

LowClass New Member

True, but i started with nothing in e-com and did that as well. even in PPC it's possible. you just have to actually want it, not want to make income doing nothing when you start.

lol, im no baller. I am a learner and a do'er though. I leave the ballin up to the real ballers on TWL.

I think a lot of people fail because they are given the notion that it takes doing nothing to make something. in reality, it takes a shit load of work before you can sit back and take some time off. It's not set this one site up and make monies anymore.

12. kingtoad

kingtoad OT Supporter

You mean I can't just use WordPress, install a theme, and write about Acai Berries?

Damn.

13. LowClass

LowClass New Member

re-bills only player!:bowdown:

14. SPACECATAZ

SPACECATAZ New Member

not at all, i will put in the work, ive been on bhw and wf reading up

15. Fotenks

Fotenks New Member

So, just as an inquiry of interest, what kinds of things do profitable IM do?

I've never done it but I remember looking into it in the past. Basically you get on a network that gives you offers, you choose which ones you want to promote, you build a website and write articles and such, and then advertise it? And is wickedfire a good source for info? I remember signing up for an account a while back but never really dug through the archives.