MMA Did another no- gi tournament.. it was small

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by chechen, May 3, 2009.

1. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

I hate competing.. so I just wanted to do another tournament while I still had that just competed feeling from the last one. I wait too long between tournaments and get really nervous..

Anyway, I drove to freaking riverside (most of you dont know where that is) and did some tournament called "battle at the armory." I guess it was inside some pseudo military base thing.

it ended up being like 90 billion beginners.. and not that many advanced people.

well.. my team mate and I ended up doing the same division. They just split advanced into two divisions because there were so little people.

we just closed it out, and ended up doing an exhibition match in the finals.

it was kind of depressing.. i dont think the guys were really that good. but i mean i registered for advanced.. you know? thats not my fault =/

[y]vjFev1K4SbE[/y]

in the first match, i face this guy who i learned later is an excellent wrestler. I start doing my overhook stuff, but he gets scared and runs away..

then i get bored and x-guard sweep him. But i actually do a specialty x-guard sweep where its a calf lock at the same time. I'm not sure if you can see.. but at 1:10 I actually lock his calf into place just using my legs.. when i flex my shin outwards, he will sweep himself..

when i come on top i actually try to crank it some more.. you cant see that i still have it from the camera's vantage point though.. i can hear him groan a bit, but he wont tap.. so i let it go, and just pass the guard. the ref doesnt give me points forever, and i start making weird faces at him to get his attention.

then i mount and do a mounted gogoplata on him cus he wont let me go.. at this moment i remembered the great optamix... but hes turning his face sideways so its not really working.. so i just turn it into an armbar.

[y]uJ4dfGtcwF0[/y]

in the second match i go against a bigger stronger guy, and i want to do my shoulder lock crap.. but man.. i can hit that every day in training, but not yet in tournaments. its so annoying!! so i just go to old faithful. the armbar, and the guy verbally taps..

then i do an exhibition match with my homeboy.. and he finally lets me get my shoulder lock.

Sorry OT.. i wanted to showcase some overhook stuff.. but everybody was making the alternatives much easier to do today..

Here are my team mates two matches.. dude has some super strong fundamentals.. he has a highlight on youtube if you wanna look it up. his name is sean roberts.

[y]4HfVSCn7r_A[/y]

[y]jnR8osbkwa8[/y]

here is our exhibition match =)

[y]B1QxsZvvf0g[/y]

on a related note we had some white belt who has been training like 3 weeks compete today. He's a slow guy.. tall and fat. He smells bad all the time...

I was really worried about him out there. You guys think I'm weird competing in cargo shorts. This guy was competing in a POLO SHIRT. I kid you not.

Anyway.. i try to coach him. but its really hard when someone has so little experience. and he just gets freaking hip thrown hardcore in his first match. I mean he FLEW. and this is a big guy.

he ended up losing two matches in a row because its double elimination...

i just hope he doesnt get way too discouraged. i feel bad for people like that.. you know? im not really sure what i could do to help the guy. he wasnt really ready to be competing yet.. :sad2:

2. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

3. stealthrapt0r

stealthrapt0r me lift weights

vids?

4. chechen

chechen Brazilian Jiu Jitsu OT Supporter

nah.. i didnt take a vid.. it was like just a normal hip toss from this buff black guy. probably wrestled or something. our nerdy dude just went flying like.. totally overhead and hit the mat with a CRACKKKK

5. MyLittleAirport

MyLittleAirport OT Supporter

6. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

I LOVE COOLIO

7. f-g

f-g OT Supporter

owned

8. dengar

dengar seans is a afta marchsollwe in his gir! OT Supporter

:bowrofl:

The first vid is awesome. :rofl:

I like when you pass and then look over and have a casual conversation with the ref about points and then your buddy goes "We have a slow counter today."

9. LOLSTi

LOLSTi DTOM

lol. you went to Riverside.

10. Kenny Dalglish

Kenny Dalglish New Member

awesome stuff..

11. Bloody Sunday

Bloody Sunday OT Supporter

nice vids as always, chechen.

12. teep

teep New Member

awesome. that exhibition was actually really entertaining