did a search on front squats

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Simple, Mar 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Simple

Simple Sexy Beatch

i'd like to start implementing these on my non-back squat days. I'm trying to use the clean grip but my right wrist hurts abit. i'd like to improve the wrist mobility so what can I do?

2. TZ

TZ Banned

You can wear wrist wraps while doing them. i suppose at first you could tie athletic tape around your wrists as well for a cheaper temporary solution.

also, you dont HAVE to use the clean grip. Why not just use the cross armed style?

3. Simple

Simple Sexy Beatch

dunno. i'm hardcore like that. naw mean?

i actually feel slightly more comfortable doing the clean style. i dunno, i'll just gut it out while i'm using lighter weights and hope my body adapts

4. TZ

TZ Banned

yeh try athletic tape if it's unbearably painful at first. and keep your elbows high.

5. NUDES

NUDES New Member

take a heavy weight and do the clean grip, unrack the weight, let it sit for a minute or two. repeat as many times as you want

try starting with 275+ to do this.

6. Simple

Simple Sexy Beatch

i doubt i could support 275+ in a back squat position right now :rofl: but that is a good idea.

7. NUDES

NUDES New Member

ok well then start with 185. the point is start with a heavier weight than you can FS. it gets the wrists flexibile

8. chris73d

chris73d OT Supporter

yea my wrist flexibility is also very poor. I'm always baffled at how some guys can keep their elbows so high and rest the bar on their delts. I come nowhere close to achieving this. This is why I always stay away from front squats. I'll also try to start with heavier weight.

9. Man Bear Pig

Man Bear Pig Banned

You rest the bar behind the anterior delt not on it. Take your right arm extend it out in front of you, take your left hand place it on your shoulder, you should be able to feel a natural groove between your anterior delt and trap. This is where the bar is supposed to rest. If you put it front of this position you a) make it harder on your wrists b) more difficult to support weights.

If you feel like it is choking you, "pull" your shoulders forward and the groove between anterior delt and trap will also move forward. Use the clean grip it will allow you to sit up taller and is much more conducive to moving heavier weights. Finally, go full depth.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.