GUN dicks sporting goods

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by cruzr180, Nov 30, 2005.

1. cruzr180

cruzr180 I'm addictive!!

Does dicks still carry decent rifles and shotguns?

my family and my wifes family were asking what they can get me for xmas. I was trying to figure out what sporting goods store with guns has gift certificates and that are also located close to both families. ( both out of state )

2. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

THe one around here does still carry a large selection of Rifles.. when they got bought out they stopped carrying handguns

3. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

They have a decent selection but unless something is on sale the prices generally suck.

4. texchef

texchef Guest

If you hae an Academy in your area check them out. Their prices beat the shit outta most others. Hate to admit it but I bought my hunting rifle at Wal Mart. No one could beat their price.

5. mvizos

mvizos New Member

they have a good selection, but the prices suck ass. When I went to buy my benelli nova tactical, they wanted 399 for it.

Went to my usual dealer, who is 45 minutes away, and it was 290 instead. Good to look at, but you're usually better off going someplace else, unless you absolutely have to have it right away.

6. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

fuck their commie asses.. they wont carry pistols, and they often dont even have pistol ammo.. dicks is for stupid yuppies who like to ski because its stylish..

7. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Alot of the small gun shops around me have over inflated prices but still better then dicks.
    there ammo prices suck too, i bet if they carried wolf they'de charge $12 a box

8. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

I buy my 9mm from walmart (WWB).. but everything else, i get on www.ammunitionstore.com

except for .270 WIN, I only shoot about 60 rounds a year of that, so I buy it at Gander mountain.

9. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Use to buy most of my ammo at a local shop that had mailorder type prices till the ATF fucked them and shut them down, now I do the ammunitionstore sometimes, cheaper than dirt, centerfire, who ever has the best prices going at the time I'm ordering. Unfortunently I'm stuck behind enemy lines in this liberal hellhole area and walmart does not sell ammo or guns.

10. mvizos

mvizos New Member

Odd...the one around me has pistol ammo. Not a huge selection, but they do carry it.

11. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

I go some Remington High Velocity Trap/Small Game shells from Dicks for $1.98a box a few months ago during a sale. That's an amazing price, but other than that you're correct, their ammo prices kinda suck.

12. Y2kAccord

Y2kAccord Everything happens for reasons I just dont know

same here

13. Ghostrider4450

Ghostrider4450 New Member

The only gun I ever got from Dicks was my Ruger 10/22. Price wasnt bad. I wouldnt get much else there because like others said, they charge too much.

14. sextech

sextech New Member

do you have a Dunham's near you they have some nice vintage rifles cheaper than most