MMA diaz vs manny 2

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by The Ripper, Apr 12, 2008.

1. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

Diaz eager to settle score with Gamburyan

by John Morgan [john-morgan] on Apr 12, 2008 at 9:00 am in - News -
    [​IMG]After posting his fourth straight submission victory in the UFC at UFC Fight Night 13, lightweight Nate Diaz (9-2 MMA, 4-0 UFC) has been mentioned as a possible opponent for many of the division's top contenders. Diaz, however, is only interested in one of them: former cast mate Manny Gamburyan (8-2 MMA, 2-1 UFC).

Diaz discussed his explosive victory over Kurt Pellegrino (11-4 MMA, 3-3 UFC), as well as his desire to fight "The Ultimate Fighter 5" runner-up Gamburyan, while a guest on Wednesday's edition of TAGG Radio (www.taggradio.com), a content partner of MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com).

"The UFC decides that for me," Diaz said regarding his next opponent. "Manny (Gamburyan) wants to fight me. But you know what? I want to fight him too just as much."

Diaz and Gamburyan met once before, in a highly anticipated bout for the "The Ultimate Fighter 5" title. Bad blood developed over the course of the season between Diaz and Gamburyan, as well with Diaz and Gamburyan's cousin and training partner, Karo Parisyan. The feud looked as if it would be settled in the octagon at the show's June 2007 live finale, but Gamburyan suffered a dislocated shoulder, and the fight was halted just 20 seconds into the second round.

Although the taping of the reality show was almost a year ago, time has not lessened the animosity Diaz holds for Gamburyan and Parisyan.

"I don't like them," Diaz said bluntly. "I don't mean nothing bad to anyone else in the sport. Everybody's just trying to make their money and fight their fights and do their thing, just like I am. But those guys? F*** them. They're cocky, they talk s***, and they want to act tough. But when they're by themselves, they try to say 'What's up,' you know... I'm like, 'We're not friends, dude.'"

Although Gamburyan clearly won the first round of their previous encounter before bowing out shortly into the second, Diaz said he was unimpressed with the effort of his opponent.

"[Gamburyan] already did everything he was going to do in that first round," the 22-year-old Diaz said. "I felt better in the second round. I didn't feel like he was doing anything from the top anyway. Pellegrino was doing good from the top. He was trying to pass the guard do his thing. Manny was just trying to sit in the guard the whole time."

Diaz also insisted his conditioning would have led to an eventual victory anyway, regardless of Gamburyan's injury.

"The thing is with a lot of guys is they can go hard from go, you know, from the start, and they slow down as time goes by," Diaz explained. "I feel like I go hard from start, too, but I feel like I get better as time goes by. Some people slow down. They give everything at the beginning. So I feel like sometimes, not with all people, but with some people, that it's going to get better for me in the later rounds… I was just 'If he did anything good, the best thing he was going to do, he already did.'"

With Diaz moving quickly up the ranks of the UFC's talent-rich lightweight division, there is no limit to new opponents for the Cesar Gracie Jiu-Jitsu fighter. But Diaz would be willing to try to settle unfinished business from the past before moving forward.

"I don't give a s***," Diaz said. "If they want to do it, I'm ready for that."

To hear the full interview, download Wednesday's edition of TAGG Radio, available for free in the TAGG Radio Network archives.

2. phat bahsturd

phat bahsturd New Member

diaz brothers fucking rule :bowdown:

3. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

ill be rooting for manny. If manny wins he will pick up all the momentum that nate has managed to create and steal it for himself. If nate manages to win this one hes just going to be given tougher competition like the guy in his last event it will be a stepping stone for the winner

4. Titus

Titus New Member

manny is a cunt and i hope diaz puts him to sleep

5. furst

furst THE BOWRD OT Supporter

I didn't see Manny's last fight, but the hold em down style he displayed on tough seems like it would play right into Nate's guard.

6. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

after beating pellegrino fighting manny is a huge step backwards, why bother.

7. phat bahsturd

phat bahsturd New Member

werd, nate should get a title shot if he wins a couple more fights

8. furst

Ahh, no.

He's good and I love him, but that division is stacked like a deck of aces.

9. Kuet

Kuet New Member

:ugh: idiot

10. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

11. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

:dunno: Maybe To settle the score and shut the midget up

Personally, I'd like to see Diaz and Manny fight again too.

12. Kuet

Kuet New Member

manny and karo are just straight up cocky and ego maniacs....
    the diaz brothers are just retarded white trash...
    I dunno who i would want to win this one....

13. phat bahsturd

phat bahsturd New Member

chill out, i was half - kidding. i'm just a fan

14. HandgunFantasy

HandgunFantasy My purity you stole.

cage crew is very passionate. dont take it personally.

im looking forward to this fight actually. nate by traingle :x:

15. phat bahsturd

phat bahsturd New Member

actually make that self professed nuthugger

16. The Ripper

The Ripper New Member

yeah hes a one trick pony unlike his brother but hes still young in the game. He needs to work on his boxing like his brother did maybe bulk up. He looks like he should be fighting at 145.

17. GreatDeceiver

GreatDeceiver OT Supporter

Really? Name the ten guys, I'd be interested to hear. The UFC may reward good records but they also reward popularity and I feel like Nate's come from behind wins are making him somewhat of a fan favorite.

There's definitely dudes in LW that deserve it more and granted his competition hasn't been top notch, but his popularity may give him a shot sooner than some of the more deserving guys.

The LW division is really exciting right now and I'm anticipating some great matchups.

18. yawgmoth

yawgmoth nine > ten OT Supporter

I hope nate taps him the fuck out. After seeing Karo's shit on Tuf 5 I am ready to write off those two fucks. The diaz brothers despite their shit talking always manage to come off likeable for me, so whatever.

19. furst

sherk
    kenflo
    bj
    danzig
    tyson griffin
    huerta
    maybe din
    franca
    kimbo
    thiago thavares

20. GreatDeceiver

Sherk and BJ are already about to go at it and the loser will probably have to get a win or two under their belt before going at it again.

Kenflo is reasonable, but nobody seems to like him and Joe Lauzon wasn't exactly at the top of the LW list.

Griffin - agreed

Huerta - agreed, but needs another hard test

Din, nah not before Kenny.

Has Hermes fought since losing to Sherk?

Kimbo deserves it imo.

Tavares, sure, but once again he doesn't have the fans of Diaz.

Danzig has fought less than Diaz and they both hold the same title of TUF winner :dunno:

Dunno, just feel like Nate is climbing fast.

21. furst

Danzig would make him his bitch.

22. GreatDeceiver

Probably, but it would be a good fight. I'd rather him fight Danzig than fucking Manny.

23. phat bahsturd

phat bahsturd New Member

I remember hearing a while back that Nate wanted to fight tyson griffin... some beef there because tyson basically started out at norcal fighting alliance under dave terrell and basically went hollywood, bolted for xtreme couture. so all the cesar gracie guys hate him now basically

24. phat bahsturd

phat bahsturd New Member

that would be a sick fight, but I think nate would lose. maybe. tyson is pretty good...

25. Kuet

Kuet New Member

when i said your an idiot i wasnt only half kidding :ugh2: