MMA diaz KOs riggs

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by machine, Feb 5, 2006.

1. machine

machine Welcome to the Machine OT Supporter

[in the hospital]

2. machine

[email protected]

After their fight tonight, UFC fighters Joe Riggs and Nick Diaz had a second fight in a Las Vegas hospital.

Details are sketchy, but the story has been confirmed by a number of sources. The two, who had just finished a close fight that each thought they had won, had words. Diaz was said to have decked Riggs with a punch, which has been called a sucker punch. Riggs came back before they were pulled apart. If Diaz threw the first blow, as most accounts suggest, I would expect a suspension to result. Riggs was asked if he wanted to press charges, but declined

3. machine

www.graciefighter.com
    "Good fight. Riggs looks like he has improved alot. Must be the training he did with Rich Franklin. I wish Diaz would have finished him in the 1st round when he rocked him. Can anyone explain to me how that judge scored the 1st round to Rigg? When I heard the judge's tally I thought Diaz won because it was impossible to score the 1st for Riggs. As far as the hospital incident I will say that there is a spin to make Diaz look like he sucker punched Riggs in the hospital. Diaz doesn't operate like that. He talks trash and will fight you, win or lose, but it's to your face like a man. They squared off and Diaz dropped him. I wish it would have happened in the octagon and not in the hospital. Anyways both guys fought hard and that's the way it goes.
    Cesar "

4. JustGod

JustGod New Member

Who to believe, who to believe...

5. Placebo

Placebo New Member

HAHAHAHA Diaz is such a tool...

6. Rommel

Rommel friends forever

diaz has problems

for some reason the only guy he seemed to respect was karo, all the others he has been an ass to.

7. GSPFAN

GSPFAN New Member

The fight could have gone either way. two things either fighter could have done better;

1.) EAch time Riggs smashed Diaz while standing toe to toe he never went in for the kill like say a Liddell would. As soon as Diaz went to cover up and protect himself because he was dazed or in defense mode Riggs should have stepped up and put it down to clinch the victory prior to decision.

2.) Diaz should have realized that he was not on his game standing and that Riggs was getting tired real easy. He should have taken it to the ground and locked him up in something. It almost looked like the Diego fight again on the ground, a series of "Could have" subs that he never finished. I was all for Riggs winning, but I thought it was Diaz'z fight to lose in which he did.

Regarding the fight after, it is everyone's perspective, my guess is the truth sits behind the person telling the story which means it is all hear say.

8. Sammo

Sammo New Member

Diaz knows how to build the hype

9. Rommel

Rommel friends forever

diaz seems to have a poor gameplan, he likes to fight in the other guys strong point

In the jeremy jackson fight he actually fought really smartly

10. :werd:

11. Rommel

Rommel friends forever

also diaz always seems to get a consolation prize each time he loses

after the diego fight he fought and won in a grappling tourny a week afterwards and everyone and their mother was like "omgwtfbbq diaz is a motherfucking animal, he's sure to slaughter diego in a rematch". After the Riggs fight (which i haven't seen yet) people are already claiming this hospital ko as a moral victory.

12. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

wow...i guess diaz trash talking wasn't an act...anyways diaz was probably on his way out of the UFC after this loss

13. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

i hope diaz sticks around. i like that guy.

14. GSPFAN

GSPFAN New Member

I dislike Diaz as a fighter, but as sickening as his trash talk is, I find it exciting. I was almost disappointed when I didn't hear alot of smack talk before this fight with Riggs. Very classy to knock out the guy who beat you in the hospital, that takes some balls! :asshole: :gtfo3:

15. Maestro Nobones

Maestro Nobones Great Job! - GLAD DADS CREW

I think he's a good fighter and a scrappy little dude with crazy heart and attitude. I would sign off on any petition to keep him.

16. Intellex

Intellex Dogs love me cause I'm crazy sniffable OT Supporter

what a faggot

17. Trueno

Trueno Bаnned bу Ѕuреr Μоdеrаtоrs

Vid of the fight?

18. Jeff Merr

Jeff Merr Elite Member

:ugh:

19. Placebo

Placebo New Member

You disagree? If he wants to keep fighting, I don't a good idea to assault someone in a public hospital. Simply not a smart move on his part.

Apparently his ego is so huge that he can't keep the fights inside the arena where they belong.

20. Jeff Merr

Jeff Merr Elite Member

Trust me Joe Riggs Ego FARRRR excedes that of Diaz. Diaz fuckin cool, hes quiet and doesn't talk any shit, Riggs on the other hand...well if you follow MMA im sure you can get my point. Im guessing Riggs would not stop shit talking @ the hospital, and Diaz gave him what he deserved. Riggs has never shown respect to anyone.

21. Placebo

Placebo New Member

I agree with you about Riggs, but I am not sure how it went down at the hospital. I just know that he assaulted Riggs after a fight. Diaz was a cocky bastard before and after the Sanchez fight and was one before and apparently after this one.

I'm not gonna argue about this anymore, you're propoably right. I wasn't there and speculating is retarded. I don't really care that much about it I just think that Diaz has his toolish moments :dunno:

22. GSPFAN

GSPFAN New Member

I think they are both retards, both with extremely large ego's, and both dead end fighters. This whole idea that the guy who lost was going to never see a UFC fight again is stupid. THe only truth is neither of them will ever be main fighters again, undercard fighters from now on. Frankly I am embarassed for both of them regarding the hospital scene, I doubt Dana finds either one in the right and will probably have words with both. Would you want 2 of your fighters being idiots in a public hospital, I doubt it.

23. DOHChi

DOHChi New Member

haha i heard in the interview, riggs came over to diaz and starting shit, thats why diaz knocked him out. lol, diaz is funny

24. Rommel

Rommel friends forever

yeah

we should beleive diaz and the graciefighter website.

Riggs > Diaz

Although Diaz does make a great gatekeeper for the UFC.