Diary of the Mad Marine.

Discussion in 'Training Logs' started by Thunderbear, Oct 6, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thunderbear

Thunderbear Yggdrasil's Forester.

Sep 23, 2001
    Been in shape, more or less, for all my life, thanks to a turbocharged metabolism. Enjoyed the maintenance free lifestyle of a runner's build, but I'm sick of being skinny. Recently broke up from what I thought was going to be a long, long relationship, which has provided the motivation for the past two months workout regimen.

Goals: add 30 pounds and lose the marathon runner look.

Background: I'm a Marine SGT, got out a few years ago, now a junior in NCSU's Forest Management program. I work 40+ hours a week, 16 hours this semester, and I use what little downtime I have on OT and working out.

Past few weeks: I'm running about 3.5miles, working a few isometric sets to failure (pullups, dips, diamond pushups, crunches, leglifts), and then running home.. or more accurately, limping, about half a mile.

This is where I stand now, for the most part:

I'm currently improving the diet, taking whey, multivitamins, and reading the stickies in F&N, to find out what works, and for motivation.

Before God I swear this creed, until victory is mine, and there is no enemy, but strength.
  2. Skeletor

Skeletor Guest

i think a gym membership will be essential to adding 30lbs of muscle, or a home gym if you have the money to put one together.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.