GUN DFW area - Denton gunshow

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by phoenixTX, Apr 19, 2009.

1. phoenixTX

phoenixTX New Member

Went to the gunshow in Denton mainly looking for ammo. Was quite disappointed with that aspect. Turns out that all the reloaders were at another show in East Texas. The only ammo available was from dumbasses with factory ammo in what looked like 5 year old beat up boxes and they wanted twice wal-mart prices.

Wasn't really in need of anything else except for some ammo cans so I looked around for a while. Found some really nice ammo cans and a bunch of other stuff :wiggle:

[​IMG]

Grabbed a couple more mags for the 10/22. Picked up a LWD 40/9 conversion barrel for my G23. Didn't really need it since I have a G19, but what the hell. Got a deal on a 15rd mag to go with it. Some VZ 320 green/black linen micarta grips for my Springfield 1911 mil-spec. Single point sling and mounting plate for my M4gery. Also bought some soft-side carrying cases: one for my Remington 700, one for my 10/22, and a double rifle bag for a couple ARs.

I was quite surprised with AR lower prices. Best price I saw was $139, with most in the $150 range. DPMS LPKs were $60 at one booth.

I paid a little bit more for this one (Anvil Arms, marked as a multi-caliber) since it was a private sale and no 4473 :naughty: It should be perfect with my dedicated .22 upper to make a complete rifle.

Gun prices weren't too bad, most handguns were at gunstore prices though. AKs could be found for around $600 (WASR 10) and Saigas in original sporter/hunting config were $500 in .308 and .223. Magpul p-mags were ridiculous .... $25 for non-windowed, but they were all over the place with no shortage.

Last edited: Apr 19, 2009
  2. Bloke

Bloke Banned

question do you ever come across 5.7x28mm? i always wondered what people with the Five-seven do.

3. phoenixTX

phoenixTX New Member

There was one table with 5.7 ammo ... 2000rd case of SS192 for $1400 :coolugh: . I checked A2G and they have 2000rds of SS192 for $1000. Either way, I am sure glad I don't have a PS90, Five-Seven, or AR57.

4. Bloke

Bloke Banned

wow those prices are rape

5. mcoski

mcoski New Member

Didnt get a chance to make it out, should have gone to buy some LPK's

6. phoenixTX

phoenixTX New Member

Wirelessly posted via wap.offtopic.com (iPhone 3G: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5H11 Safari/525.20)

I'm kicking myself for not grabbing another LPK, and now that I think about it I could use another A2 stock.

7. david_4x4

david_4x4 New Member

Everytime they have a show, Im out of town.

I heard it sucke badly, but would be nice to get to go to a show agin that's down the street.

8. phoenixTX

phoenixTX New Member

That's the main reason I went... it was nearby. I wasn't really expecting to buy all that stuff, but it was nice that I got it at a decent price and only 20 minutes from the house.

While I'm at it, I'll whore the stuff I just received from the UPS man. My Palmetto order came in. Just a bunch of magazines :wavey:

[​IMG]

10 C-Products 30rd
    5 C-Products Stainless 20rd
    3 CMMG .22lr 25rd