COMIC Devil may cry

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Smiker89, Aug 27, 2007.

1. Smiker89

Smiker89 New Member

So I searched through the forum as best I could, but couldn't find any Devil May Cry official threads. Are any people here interested in the show?

Summary for those interested :
    Based off of action video games, it begins in Dante's unamed shop as a mysterious man named Arkham appears to offer an invitation from Dante's brother, Vergil. An immense tower erupts from the ground a short distance away from the shop and Dante takes the situation as a challenge. Following numerous battles Dante arrives at the tower's summit and battles Vergil. Vergil defeats Dante and departs. He eventually catches up in the control room located in the tower's basement. The brothers battle again until they are interrupted by Lady, then Arkham, who has been manipulating them all to reactivate the tower. Arkham intends to steal the Force Edge, Sparda's sword.

Dante crosses over to the demon world, catches up with Arkham, and he and Vergil work together to bring him down. Dante and Vergil battle, and Dante is victorious. Returning to the human world, Dante meets Lady outside the tower where she coins the phrase "devil may cry" while trying to comfort Dante over the loss of his brother. They form a friendship and the beginnings of a partnership in demon-slaying, and he names his shop "Devil May Cry".

The anime pretty much kicks off from this point and it is looking pretty cool ATM. Only up to episode 2 but if people are interested in this please post in here and I'll get some links for subs.

Sorry if this has already been posted but because I have no sub I can't use the search function and couldn't be bothered scrolling through 51 pages of threads. :noes:

2. JP

JP Active Member

there is one altho it is a bit buried, i am freakin loving it.

3. JP

JP Active Member

and i have up to ep 8...

4. Girder_Shade

Girder_Shade OT Supporter

I'll wait for the dubbed version.
    Hopefully the game voice actors will also be used in the english version of the anime, that would kick major ass. :bowdown:

5. Smiker89

Smiker89 New Member

Yeah I think the animation is fucking awesome, especially in all the fights. Does the storyline develop more after the first few eps? I played the game along time ago and have forgotten the plot completely, does it get revisited later on in the anime?

Also I will look for some links to subbed eps. tomorrow and post them in here.

6. zackflavored

zackflavored KingShit's Post #55!

did it really get better? i dunno i stopped at 2 i think lol

the japanese portrayal of "cool" for dante doesnt work for me :hsd:

7. xrukus07x

xrukus07x Active Member

strawberry sunadaeuuuuu:yum:

8. nvusgt

nvusgt New Member

i dunno, i simply couldn't watch it after the second ep i think. The one where he's on the motorcycle along with the chic, chasing a demon.

Just wasn't feelin it.

9. AKing

AKing It's like we've got each others backs

what i like about DMC anime is that it shows what dante does during the times he is not in the huge massive events like the games. The games were always centered around one main story and huge major events. As where the anime are really just little things that dante does to get by. The games will always remain as movies as were the anime is just small side stories.