Device Review: Pantech Duo

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by KIDRR, Nov 14, 2007.

1. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

[​IMG]

I've had my seed unit for a little over a week now. I had the choice between getting the Motorola Q, Tilt, and Duo. I chose the Duo since I had the older version of the Tilt (8125) and the Q just seems like a knock off BlackBerry. I currently use the 8820 which I love and the Moto Krzr which is decent and small for my other lines.

The first thing about the Duo is it's SMALL, it reminds me a lot of the HTC's smart phones without being a brick. However, the screen is still a good size where it's easily readable and plenty big to play games and watch video's on. The second thing is obviously the dual slide out key pad and keyboard. This is the feature I like about the phone the best. On screen dialing can be troublesome for people with big fingers like myself and holding down the function key to dial on the keyboard is troublesome to do while driving.

Navigation through the menu's is standard with Windows Mobile 6 and easy to use if you've ever had a windows mobile device before. It has all the bells and whistles. Data speeds are fast in the 3G network and I have had no problems with data.

The bad aspects of the phone are few but there are some. The battery isn't that great especially with a mixture of web browsing, talking, and email duty. The battery seems to go from half full to dead in less than a day while staying on full much longer. There is also no head set jack forcing the user to buy a blue tooth headset for phone use and listening to music.

Pantech Duo: Over all rating 7.5

+
    Small
    Dual key pads
    Good call quality
    Windows Mobile 6
    Good data speeds

-
    Poor battery
    No headset jack

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008
  2. sword413

sword413 New Member

beautiful phone

3. WooleyBooger

WooleyBooger OT Supporter

Any comments after having used it for a while now?

4. BlackWRX02

BlackWRX02 OTs Cingular Guru

feels like its going to fly apart in my hand. :down:

oh, and its pantech :ugh:

5. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

Had if for a while now and don't have any more complaints. It's like having the best of both worlds with both key pads. But I do hold off watching videos or playing a lot of games since it burns through batteries with the quickness.

Get a case for it the screen scratches pretty easily.

6. 92'camaro

92'camaro poop happens

does anyone know how to put custom ringtones for the text alert or is it just not possible to do on this phone?

i just got it yesterday and managed to be able to make my own ringtones but i cant figure out how to use them as a text alert

7. BlackWRX02

BlackWRX02 OTs Cingular Guru

Think they have to go in the windows directory.

browse the phone from your PC and find the ringtones that are already there, just dump the ones you want to use in that same directory

8. 92'camaro

92'camaro poop happens

i cant find the directory where all the ringtones are stored :wtc: