developing under winxp 64. argg!!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Shibboleth, May 8, 2006.

1. Shibboleth

Shibboleth teh mad Plato skillz

so nothing works. I installed MSVC express as well as the xp 64 SDK and no matter how many places I add the include directories, it will not compile. wtf? does anyone have any good links/resources for how to develope for win32 and win64 under win xp 64 pro?

am I better off just making a win xp 32 install and switching back and forth?

what about VMWare? they just opened their stuff. can that help me at all?

2. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

what headers are you trying to include? A lot of the stuff you would normally include in previous versions of VS are put in the std namespace, and they want you to use it out of there now.

3. Shibboleth

Shibboleth teh mad Plato skillz

thanks for the responce. I guess I wasn't too clear in my first question.

I want to use windows.h, but I want to be able to switch between the 64 and 32-bit system SDKs. Here are my VC include directories.
    Code:
    $(VCInstallDir)include
    $(VCInstallDir)PlatformSDK\include
    $(FrameworkSDKDir)include

Right now it's not finding windows.h, when it obviously should, unless $(FrameworkSDKDir) points nowhere. Are those environmental variables? I guess I can't trust the SDK's batch files to register the variables with MSVC like it claims. Should I just manually add correct directories?

4. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

yea, i would definately check to see if that variable has anything in it. Right click my Computer -> properties -> Advanced tab -> Env. Variables