developed feelings for a girl i work with

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Frightened Ostrich, Jul 1, 2007.

1. Frightened Ostrich

Frightened Ostrich New Member

there's this girl i work with (pretty closely) and ive developed feelings for her. we hang out a lot outside of work, just the two of us, like going out to dinner, getting drinks, etc... but nothing more. so i guess not really an official date. it's really hard for me to tell if she's interested in me or not, or if she just wants to be friends. i wanna ask her out on a real date, but if she says no i think it'd be really weird at work :hs: especially if our coworkers knew about it too.

should i pursue it or just try and forget about it just be friends :o its kind of hard being just friends though cuz i think about her a lot, even outside of work :o

2. No, nada, don't shit where you eat, move on, 3 billion women out there, don't even think about it.

Unless you are willing to change your job if things go wrong, don't.

3. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

Go for it and ask her out, if you don't you'll always regret it.

4. Takitome

Takitome New Member

Dilemma?

Just sleep on it for awhile, think it through and be carefull. If you are really into her then and determined go for it, because like the other guy said you'll regret not doing things you are afraid of for a much longer duration then the awkwardness or embarrassedment of the rejection would last.

5. bs2100

bs2100 New Member

It depends on how old you are and what kind of job it is.

6. Jabbermewmew

Jabbermewmew OT Supporter

How long have each of you been working there, and how long have you been good friends?

7. Frightened Ostrich

im 25, so its a professional career job. we've been working together for about a year, but never really talked as much, or hung out outside of work until recently (last 2-3 months).

at times i want to just try and forget about it and just focus on work and not think about her, but it's hard since i see her basically all day, every day at work. if i do try and just ignore it, any suggestions on how to get over her?

8. Pea-Ta

Pea-Ta New Member

Ya don't.... just ask her out.... go from there =)

9. element4all

element4all Active Member

well i was in similar situation before, so i asked her to the movies one day, we stoped before it and had dinner, then drove over to the theatre and watched the movie and about half way thru we were holding hands and had arm round her and stuff, and after i drove her home walked her to door then she invited me in and thats all i remeber.

and its been a year now that we have been together:bigthumb:

10. Rich

Rich New Member

Make up a bullshit story and use it to get her fired, then you won't have to ever see her again.

Problem solved.

11. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

Unless you can easily get another job, don't even think of it.

Do you have any other women in your life? When was your last date?

12. Frightened Ostrich

i have other friends (girls) in my life, but none that im interested in. last time had a gf or a date was over a year ago :o i usually end up falling for friends :hs:

if i don't pursue it (since i really cant tell if shes interested too or just wants tobe friends), should i just continue being good friends w/ her and if anything happens, then great. or should i just try and not hang out w/ her as much so i can get over her (though still hard since we work closely w/ each other). i really do like hanging out w/ her and have a great time, but it just makes me wnat her more :o :hs:

13. derivative

derivative OT Supporter

it's your career job, so i say no

14. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

The reason you are developing feelings for friends is because you don't have any other options in your life.

You need to start approaching women for the purpose of getting their phone numbers and inviting them on dates.

Read this:

http://forums.offtopic.com/showpost.php?p=74436448&postcount=1