GUN Detroit girl, 7, takes six bullets to save mom

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by TL1000RSquid, Dec 5, 2007.

1. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Dec. 5, 2007, 12:10AM
    Detroit girl, 7, takes six bullets to save mom
    http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/front/5352346.html
    By NORMAN SINCLAIR AND SANTIAGO ESPARZA AND JENNIFER MROZOWSKI
    The Detroit News
    TOOLS
    Email

DETROIT — A 7-year-old-girl is being hailed as an "angel from heaven" and a hero for jumping in front of an enraged gunman, who pumped six bullets into the child as she used her body as a shield to save her mother's life.

Alexis Goggins, a first-grader at Campbell Elementary School, is at Children's Hospital in Detroit recovering from gunshot wounds to the eye, left temple, chin, cheek, chest and right arm.

"She is an angel from heaven," said Aisha Ford, a family friend for 15 years who also was caught up in the evening of terror.

The girl's mother, Selietha Parker, 30, was shot in the left side of her head and her bicep by a former boyfriend, who police said was trying to kill Parker. The gunman was disarmed by police and arrested at the scene of the shooting. Police identified him as Calvin Tillie, 29, a four-time convicted felon who Parker had dated for six months before breaking off the relationship.

Parker, who was treated at Detroit Receiving Hospital and released, is at her daughter's bedside. She declined to comment Tuesday.

The drama began to unfold just before midnight Saturday, when Parker called Ford and asked if she and Alexis could spend the night at Ford's home.

"She said she had no heat and they were very cold, and I said, sure I'll come and get you," Ford said.

Ford said she drove her burgundy 1998 Ford Expedition to Parker's home on Dwyer. She said as Parker and Alexis walked up to her vehicle she saw a man on the porch, who she assumed was a furnace repairman. She said Alexis, who walks with a limp, slipped momentarily on the icy sidewalk and as she helped the girl up, she saw the man and recognized him as Tillie. He was holding a gun.

Tillie ordered them into the vehicle, cursed at the women and angrily told Ford to drive him to Six Mile Road, she said.

"He looked like he was enraged and didn't care what he did. I knew if we went to Six Mile, he would kill us," Ford said. Instead, she told him she needed gas and drove to the Fast Stop Gas station in the 5000 block of East Seven Mile Road, a station that requires customers to pay the attendant inside.

"I figured if he got out to pump the gas, I was going to take off," Ford said.

Instead, Tillie gave her $10 and told her put in $5 worth of gas.

Ford said she dialed 911 on her cell phone as she walked into the station.

"The first operator clicked off and I dialed again and told that operator a guy with a gun was holding me hostage with a mother and baby and threatening to kill us. I told her the name of the gas station and then she said they didn't have a unit to send."

Ford said she paid for $5 of gas and slowly returned to the vehicle, stalling for time as she handed Tillie the change. She said she kept stopping and starting the pump, hoping the police would show up.

"I told him I needed more gas and took money out of my purse and went back into the station," she said. The attendant, Mohammad Alghazali, 30, said he noticed Ford was crying and she told him what was happening. He called 911 as he heard shots coming from the vehicle.

"It was very scary. She (Ford) was scared and screaming when the guy was shooting. I was scared, too. I was on the phone talking to the police when he started shooting," he said

Parker told police that Tillie said Ford was taking too long

She said she pleaded with him but he pointed the gun at her and shot her in the side of the head. She told police she was shot in the arm as she lunged at Tillie.

Before Tillie could fire again, Alexis jumped over the seat between her mother and the gunman and begged him not to shoot her mother.

The police report said Tillie "without hesitation" pumped six shots into the child.

As police arrived, they saw Parker, covered in blood, running from the truck, screaming, "He just shot my baby."

The officers said Tillie came out to the vehicle holding a blue steel 9mm semi automatic and dropped the weapon when ordered to do so. Officers said they found Alexis huddled on the floor under the steering wheel, covered in blood, surrounded by spent cartridge casings, a spent bullet on the floor and teeth on the seat. There were bullet holes in the windshield and blood inside.

Alghazali said a police car on a street nearby arrived in less than a minute after his call.

Marvin Bodley, a Detroit Public Schools attendance agent, spent two days at Alexis' hospital bedside and said it's miraculous that she's alive.

"What a courageous, courageous little girl," he said. "You see more bandages than child," he said. "It's a horrific sight."

Bodley said Alexis receives special education services at school, in part because of a weak left eye, which is the result of a massive stroke she suffered as an infant.

Ford said doctors at the time had predicted that when Alexis got older she would have trouble with tasks such as writing, but she is now able to write her name.

"She is a good little girl who is very protective of her mother," said Tonya Colbert, Parker's cousin.

Tillie is being held in the Wayne County Jail facing kidnapping, assault with intent to murder, child abuse, felony firearms and habitual criminal charges.

A preliminary examination is scheduled for Dec. 13.

2. mikeflys1

mikeflys1 New Member

Too busy out tasing people for bullshit to help with actual crimes :dunno:

3. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

You can't rely on anyone to protect but yourself. I don't know if you can get a CCW in Detroit? Then again the mothers dating a 4 time felon so who knows if she could get one.

4. Cannondale

Cannondale OT Supporter

That's fucked up. Telling someone we don't have a car to send when they have a crazed gunman after them? If that police car had gotten there a minute after she called, it may have been there before she even got done paying. Poor little girl, trying to protect her mother from that psycho, I hope that guy gets his nuts ripped off in prison.

5. Sardaukar

Sardaukar Active Member

A guy like that should just die. Don't fuck with kids. :mad:

6. AustinL911

AustinL911 Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator

When he gets to prison......he will. :bowdown:

7. Alphaeus

Alphaeus New Member

He can bet his ass (pun intended) that fellow inmates will find out about this, and when they do, I wouldn't be surprised if he is not safe in prison.

8. mikeflys1

mikeflys1 New Member

A girl in my old guard unit who was a CO told me the inmates almost always knew what people are coming in for and anything to do with kids guaranteed a rough stay.

9. MTech

MTech New Member

Another strong point backing up Liberals claim civilians don't need guns to protect themselves that's what the police are for...

:ugh2:

10. D-FENS

D-FENS New Member

What the fuck. Why in the world would anybody think it's a good idea to release someone from prison after 4 felony conviction?

11. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

This is way off point and im going to get flammed to all hell and back, but how the fuck did he shoot them both in the head with a 9mm and they are both still alive????

I am so confused.

12. thedude11

thedude11 New Member

Michigan is shall-issue and I think it's relatively easy to get a CCW in Detroit. You might have to go in front of a board and answer questions...:dunno:

13. 7lvis

7lvis Guest

maybe not in teh brain part. Maybe moreso in the cheek,jaw. But there have beeen people that have survived head shots.

But it is strange the little girl survived.

Maybe it is shit ammo he used.

Do illegal sellers ever reload their own very light loads to save money?

14. TL1000RSquid

TL1000RSquid ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Thats why I dont carry a 9mm. But I highly doubt this shitbag had Ranger T's or anything like that, probably FMJ WWB and didnt land a brain shot.

15. mikeflys1

mikeflys1 New Member

Its just statistics, with the number of shootings that happen per year you'll always have a few that definitely should have died and others that took a ricochet .22 and died immediately.

16. Neenersoad

Neenersoad New Member

you know, the part that pisses me off the most about this is that the fucking operator said that there were no available units to help 2 women and a small child who were being held at gunpoint and being kidnapped. in the immortal wods of NWA, FUCK THE POLICE

17. PUREVIL

PUREVIL More Money Than Brains Croo

so sad some people have to go through shit like that.... my biggest problem these days are nothing compared to what some people go through... be thankful for what you have.

18. MTech

MTech New Member

Caution Liberals at Work.

FMJ FTL... not to mention they probably weren't directly in the head I'm sure you'd move if somebody pointed at you and if you turn your face it could easier just go through your cheek.. very probably since they said teeth were laying on the floor/seat

I once read from a notable forum that 9mm's bounce off skulls if fired at them from point blank..... :mamoru:

19. springy101

springy101 When god comes and calls me to his kingdom, I'll t

In California he would've been in jail for life after his third.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2007