Determining FP Performance of current Opterons HELP!

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by GA400, Jun 13, 2007.

1. GA400

GA400 New Member

I haven't worked on algorithms in over ten years, so I hope someone can help me out. You can obtain APP (adjusted Peak Performance in Weighted TeraFLOPS) using APP= FPO(1) * F(1) * W(1) + ... + FPO(n) * F(n) * W(n) where
    FPO(i) = FLOPS per processor
    F(i) = clock frequency
    W(i) = weighting factor (in this case .9 as this is an Opteron which I'm pretty sure has a vector unit).

I dug up a doc that gives me the WTs, but I can't find anything from AMD that benchmarks the FLOPS of their current CPUs. Could someone tell me from the above algorithm how to determine the FPO given a particular APP number?

Or, maybe even better, does anyone have access to FLOP benchies on the Opteron 8000 and 2000 series chips?

2. deusexaethera

deusexaethera OT Supporter

Just so you know, you've got about five minutes left before you start getting flamed for considering using an AMD product.

Of course, a couple of years ago you would have gotten flamed had you considered using an Intel product, so WTFever.

3. GA400

GA400 New Member

Nothing wrong with AMD in this application, especially considering the platform will support barcelona when released.