Detailing equipment, lighting with canopy/ personal apperacnce

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by quamen, Dec 15, 2003.

1. quamen

quamen New Member

I found that when i worked in the light, i can see the swirl marks. in the shade they are hidden and most products u cannot use in the sun. I hear from scottwax though, some can be used in the sun.

Soon i will have to purhase the equipment to get the business off and running. I figure a water tank, a small generator, a small pressure washer, already have a rotary and pc, extractor, vacuuum, and maybe a great service a ozone generator.

Now lighting! anyone use a canopy to shade from the sun, but at the same time use those big ligths that are on like a tripod to see what you are doing? I think this method would be great, but alot of stuff to hall around. when i detailed in the sun, i got tired really quickly and didnt have energy. that is how come i perfer a canopy.

Also apperance how professional are you. I wouldnt mind paying a small amount of money to have a couple uniforms made, some dickies work pants and a shirt with the name of the company etc on it. i think this will show the customer how much you are a professional and take u more seriously as well as letting friends know how you work and look. I mean yeah the work is good that is what there going to remember, but if u act professinal, look professional and do professional work i believe that equals a sucessful business. What you guys think about all these ideas above?

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

I think you should stick with sweat pants in the winter and cottons shorts in the summer. You don't want any articles of clothing that can scratch and give you freedom of movement...also stuff that you don't mind getting dirty. I would suggest having some t-shirts and sweatshirts made up with your company name and logo. Also bear in mind during the summer you are going to sweat like mad and you need to have extra shirts to change into. You could have some polo shirts made up with your name and logo and switch to a t shirt to detail if you want something more professional to wear to the customer's office or door.

You can get halogen lighting set ups at any home improvement center and they should help you spot paint imperfections in the shade.

3. quamen

quamen New Member

thanks for the good reply. yeah along the lines of what i was thinking about the apperance. And in the winter i cant detail to damn cold bro, i dont know how you do it. i remember you saying it got cold where u live and that is in what texas u said? here in the winter in the east it is like 20 degree or so. I cant start detailing till march/april season cause the water will just freeze and ill die out there.

Yeah the cotton is a good idea cause it absorbs sweat and doesnt scratch. i need some good boots that are conformtable or something to and a little water resistant.