Detailers in MD?

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by Ridley, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Ridley

Ridley New Member

Anyone in MD own a detailing business? I want my car washed and waxed, but it is getting a little too cold for me to do this myself. :o

Anyone? Price and location please. :x:

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Register at www.autopia.org and ask in the professional detailing forum.

3. Ridley

Ridley New Member

Thanks, I'm on my way....

4. J-Passport

J-Passport OT Supporter

I charge 175$ for a wash, clay bar, wax, interior vaccum, dash clean. You cant really wax too well below 60 degrees F

5. Scottwax

Yes you can. I detail all winter, even when it is in the low 30s.

6. 6']['9

6']['9 New Member

no you cant.... :nono:

ok yes you can:mamoru:

7. Scottwax

Jay-you are almost in the same boat as me, not much warmer 200 miles to the south. We work in the cold or we don't eat. Since we get very little extreme winter weather and (well, except for the last two weeks) sunny days outnumber the ugly days, regular customers want clean cars.

8. 6']['9

6']['9 New Member

yup.... im gonna be in dallas i leave sunday the 29th and ill be there for 2 weeks on work. Maybe i can stop by and you can give me a refill on some EXP :x:
    :naughty:. Id really like to get w/ you on some cameras im looking at maybe a digital rebel but the guy at the store said they are having a sale on the Sony dsc-828 or some shit like that 1 year no interest @ like 800 bucks or so... what do you think. I thought i had it bad working in the cold im sure Anthony has it bad as well....:noes: Its supposed to get in the low 30's on Thanksgiving then more rain is coming our rain :wtc: so much for cleaning the TA

9. gandhibrokemyskates

gandhibrokemyskates slangin beer

haha, i got a call from maryland today from a guy about having his car detailed. He's moving to houston in like 2 weeks and wants his car done. i wonder where he got my number. crazyness.

also, the 828's are pieces of trash. new sony cameras are crap. go canon. digital rebel. thats what i use. go to the art and photography forum

10. J-Passport

J-Passport OT Supporter

Scott.. its Jai.. no Y :) Christ.. youre a soldier.. detailing outside in 30 degree weather!!?? My goodness.. The water from the wash would turn into a sheet of ice considering my current facilities. (home driveway and garage).

Youre right, you can wax in cold weather, but from my personal experiences. I always seem to get better results in warmer weather.. the wax compounds break down so much easiar then when the surface is cold.. I do everything by hand.. perhaps if I try out a porter cable it will probably make a world of difference on working with a cold surface.

I just recently detailed my car for Richmonds Super Tuner Show.. the results were less then outstanding.. It was freezing outside.. at around 8am in the morning.

[​IMG]

The wax just didnt seem to work as well. Maybe it was just psychological..Im taking your comment into consideration because you seem to be the source on most of this stuff. :wiggle:

btw our team took home hottest accord 4dr.. I lost to some guy with a 5th gen accord that had over 30,000 spent in mods :( bitch was trailored into the show.. :squint:

11. Scottwax

Jai-if I want to eat in the winter, I work. Just FYI, Meguiars #20 Polymer and 1Z Glanz Wax both set up very quickly, even on cold days.

12. 6']['9

6']['9 New Member

Tell me about it ive taken 3 trips to houston to do cars for some of the guys on the LS1 boards. I dont mind going as long as i have more than 3 or 4 cars. i knew you did cars in the houston area. I dont mind sending you some work if theres only 1 or 2 cars but if there more than 4 :nono: LOL. do you have any pics of your work? I think ive seen some but im not too sure.