Detailed my car, PICS!!!!

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by dan avoN7, Jul 17, 2005.

1. dan avoN7

dan avoN7 New Member

Well I finished earlier this afternoon but it turns out my sister had the camera with her so I had to wait until later tonight to goto a friends and take pictures with his crappy camera.

Detail went very well. The PC is so easy to use and really works the product in. Here is the order of products

Washed car
    Clay Magic Clay Bar
    Meg. DACP applied by PC
    Meg. Swirl Free Polish applied by PC
    Clearkote Vanilla Moose Glaze applied by PC
    Poorboys EX-P applied by PC
    S100 Wax applied by hand

Everything went on well, alot easier to actuallly break the product down unlike doing it by hand where i was no where near. Also the vanilla moose was my favoritte product by far. This went on so smooth and broke down very quickly. Also removing it was a breeze. I think for my first attempt I did very well and am really happy with the paint. I have alot of chips on the front of my car, but i guess thats Subaru paint for you (pretty cheap paint)

Once again the pictures were taken when there wasnt much light. I really wish i could have gotten some right when i finished but what can you do. Ill try and get some tommorow though.

Also once again thanks to everyone for answering all my questions in the other threads. Especially Scottwax for all his tips and Exceldetail for getting me the products only a few days after ordering!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    refelection shot
    [​IMG]
    pretty cool pic
    [​IMG]

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

:eek3: Damn! The paint looks really deep and wet!

I had worked by hand for years and always thought my work looked really good, and so did my customers...but when I got the PC, it took my work to the next level. You can polish the paint so much more evenly and deeply with the PC so you get super crisp reflections and depth. :)

Glad we were able to help.

3. dan avoN7

dan avoN7 New Member

yea in person it looks really wet. It's sorta hard to tell in the pictures because the camera used was pretty old and the pics are somewhat grainy. Heres two from the last time I detailed my car by hand, hah funny thing is that in the pictures it makes it look like by hand i did a better job but in person its amazing how much better it looks when done with a PC.

ahh the power of a Canon Digital Rebel :bowdown:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. Dusty Bottoms

Dusty Bottoms OT Supporter

Very nice work :bigthumb:

5. Leo95SE

Leo95SE The OMINOUS one

now thats a nice camera! obviously the car was done perfectly, but the cam really shows it. :big grin:

6. dan avoN7

dan avoN7 New Member

Does anyone have an recomendations on when to work on the car again. I'm going to continue washing the car weekly like i always do but say in a couple weeks after a normal wash could i apply say vanilla moose glaze again and then leave it at that or would i then need to re-wax the car? I just want to keep it looking this good all the time now, hah having a PC is going to be addicting (except for when I have to detail cars other than my own :hsugh: )

7. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Wash it then go over the paint with Clearkote's Quikshine to maintain the slickness and gloss.

8. dan avoN7

dan avoN7 New Member

paint is still holding up very well. I've washed it twice since detailing and still very shiny, haven't applied anything else either. heres some pics from today

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. StopDrop&LOL

StopDrop&LOL "Where The Elite Become Champions"

:eek3: HOLY SHIT bro, your car looks amazing. I think im gonna follow your guidelines and see ho wmy car (celica) turns out. Nice pics:bigthumb:

10. Boomdart

Boomdart New Member

I have no cool places to take pics of my cars :squint: