Detailed: Duelling Chevys (Tahoe vs. Suburban)

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by justin30513, Mar 8, 2008.

1. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

Been awhile since I've posted anything here. I've mainly been doing routine wash and vacuums for my clients. We've had a horrible winter with bad weather every two days. 68*F one day then snow and 32*F the next!!! Plus, I've been sick again.

Well here are two Chevy SUV's that I see a lot during the middle of the year. I haven't touched them in almost 3 months. The process was the same for both but each was done one at a time and not together.

Wheels, Tires, and Wells:
    Purple Power Degreaser was used at 1:1 on the tires, wells, and lower panels as a pre soak. The wheels were then cleaned with Meg's Wheel Brightener at 4:1 and agitated with a wheel brush. I don't know how I could live without Wheel Brightener!!!

Wash Cycle:
    After a thorough blasting from my pressure washer, the exterior was foamed with Meguiar's NXT Tech Wash via foam gun. I then washed it with a Micro Fiber mitt. After rinsing, I sprayed the entire exterior down with Meg's Detailer Line Glass cleaner. I do this when I'm going to do a full detail and I have found that it leaves the surface slick and clean which aids in buffing.

Exterior Polishing:
    (3M Ultrafina SE via rotary & LC 6.5 Black Finessing Pad)
    The paint only required a light correction. UF is simply awesome. I've never used something that is so rotary friendly. It removed a lot of the minor swirls and really cleaned the paint. It's found a home in my arsenal now.

Exterior Protection:
    (Meguiar's NXT 2.0 via PC & EDGE2K Red Pad)
    This is my favorite LSP of all time. I'm getting 2.5 months of protection out of it on a well prepared surface. The gloss is amazing and the slickness lasts for weeks........even after tough washes. I used it on the glass as well. Blows Rain-X away. For 15.00USD, it's a stea.

Interior Cleaning & Protection:
    The interior panels and leather was cleaned with Meg's APC at 10:1. All surfaces were treated with DP's Total Interior Protectant. Spots on the carpets were cleaned with Folex 1:1. Glass was cleaned with Meg's Glass Cleaner.

Befores:
    Vehicle #1 2007 Chevy Suburban
    Befores:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Afters:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Vehicle #2 2008 Chevy Tahoe
    Befores:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Afters:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Both of the look turned out pretty good. :)