Detailed: 50th Anny Corvette

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by justin30513, Jun 27, 2006.

1. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

This is the 4th and final vehicle for this customer. Was fun to get to detail such nice rides for a change. I

I mixed things up a little on this one. I was trying to make a point that you don't have to spend 100's of dollars on product to get a nice job. It's in the technique and time.

Meguiar's NXT Wash
    Meguiar's Cleaner Wax
    (Yeah, it's the one you get at Wally World for 5.99....one of the best deals out there if you ask me. I applied it with an EDGE 2K Orange Polishing pad at #5. I worked it till it was clear and wiped clean. Did not let it dry.)
    Meguiar's Tech Wax-Liquid
    (2 coats as usual. Let dry 30 minutes per coat)

By using the Cleaner Wax as a swirl remover and polish, I saved a step and got really nice results. Go ahead and laugh, but I just got a check for 700.00 + 50.00 cash (tip) for 4 vehicles.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

A Corvette and a Viper in the same garage? Never thought I'd see that, their respective owners seem to hate each other. :noes:

Just beautiful work, shows you shouldn't underestimate OTC products these days. Love the color too, did one just like it a few years ago.

3. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

Yep.
    The biggest argument in domestics...Viper vs. Vette....so he bought one of each!

Thanks for the compliments Scott. I'm running into alot of guys telling me that I should be buying 70 dollar wax and that I'm cheating the customer by using Meg's stuff. "It has oils and fillers"....is what I'm getting. I'm doing this for profit and fun. Hell, 3/4's of my customers didn't even know swirls could even be removed at all!
    I believe the Meg's Deep Crystal System is one of the best kept secrets out there. 20 bucks will get you a nice set up. If you used NXT Tech Wax as step 2.5 as a sealant, I believe you would have THE best combo for under 50.00.

I just vented.......again.....sorry.

4. Paulie Walnuts

Paulie Walnuts Im an agent of chaos

I have that exact same car with different rims sitting in my garage right now.

And its pissing me off this clear coat is a mother.

5. Paulie Walnuts

any surface defect removal? Process and products?

6. Paulie Walnuts

Ok almost the same, taped up.

[​IMG]

7. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

All I used was Meg's Cleaner Wax on an EDGE cutting pad at the #5 setting.

8. spitfyre

spitfyre OT Supporter

I am very surprised with Megs NXT wax makes a good sealant/wax and I used it as a topper on my dads cougar over FMJ looks amazing

9. BlazinBlazer Guy

BlazinBlazer Guy Witness to The De-Evolution of Mankind.

That's not even close to the same.... that's a C6 :noes:

10. Buck-O

Buck-O Guest

You should try the Mothers Carnuba Cleaner wax as well. Its preaty good as a quick one step with a polishing pad and a PC.

Does a good job of swirl removal, and is relatively durable, and has a nice glow to it.

It really is a shame when people blat alot of OTC products, especially anything with Meg's name on it.

Yeah it might have fillers, yeah it might have some shine enhancing oils. But you know what, it lookd fantastic, its durable, and it provides the customer with EXACTLY what they want. So i say, as long as the customer is happy with the results, who cared what you paid for the product, and who cares what name is on teh bottle.

THats my 2¢.

11. CBlakeNS

CBlakeNS New Member

Looks good!