Detailed: 2006 Springdale Camper

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by justin30513, Jul 28, 2007.

1. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

This one has been sitting in my Photobucket account for about 2 weeks now. I know this is RV/Camper season so I thought I'd post this to help anyone out that has their own to do. This was a new process to me and took me about 3 hours. Now, after doing it, I could easily do the same camper again in half the time.

Here's the process....

Wash Cycle:
    (Camper Cleaning solution via pressure washer and Detailing4U Foam Gun)
    Ok, here's my camper solution:
    1/3 Purple Power, 1/3 Tilex, and 1/3 water.......all in a 32oz. bottle. I then connected it to my foam gun and went to work.......if that's what you call it!!! I stood at the front and easily did an entire side without moving. This was an easy 20 ft. The foam stayed on the camper's panels for at least 10 minutes. It slid down very slowly. This combination of detergents and mildew killer did the job. After letting soak for about 15 minutes, I took a wash brush to the panels. Everything came off when I rinsed. I did not need to go back a second time. This included the dreaded black streaks.

Protection:
    (2 ounces of Souveran spray wax, a few ounces of Meg's Last Touch, and water via the foam gun)
    This really brought a reflective luster to exterior panels. I foamed the solution on and let soak for about 10 minutes. I then rinsed. I intentionally let it air dry to see if any spotting occurred. None did. Even in full sun.......even on the glass. After drying, the panels felt soft like a hand wax had been reapplied.

This process allowed me to keep the cost down for the customer and the time down for me. This way, there was profitability for the both of us. The waxing may only last a month, but this inexpensive service has my customer coming back to me monthly now!

Total time:
    3 hours

Payment:

Befores.......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Foaming.......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Foaming and chemicals working.......
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Preparing to wax....
    [​IMG]

2. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

Afters.....
    Beading while drying....
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Interesting process. You using DI water for the wax application?

4. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

DI water?

5. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

DI= deionized.........lets water dry without spotting since all the harsh minerals have been removed.

I don't use this water though. That's just good old mountain spring water from a source here where I live. It simply has never spotted.

6. Run N. Gun

Run N. Gun Active Member

That is a smart way to approach a camper, I have to admit. I would have done it all by hand with similar results. Your way is definately more efficient! Great job. :bigthumb:

7. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

ah. i've considered getting one of the inline filters from Home Depot or something of the sort and putting it inline with my tank fill hose so the water going into the tank is "filtered". any thoughts?

8. justin30513

justin30513 New Member

Wal Mart has one for 20 bux in their RV section. I know of 3 other detailers that use it and love it. I'm getting one today as a matter of fact.

9. JRock10

JRock10 Active Member

good deal. i may look into that