Detailed:1997 Ferrari F355

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by ubshtoopid, Jun 19, 2006.

1. ubshtoopid

ubshtoopid New Member

I ended up using Meguiars #7 and #26 applied by hand. I couldn't find #9 anywhere that I looked and had no time to order products. I also detailed a 2004 Mercedes E500, and 1985 Porsche 928 belonging to the same person. I used the same process on the Mercedes. On the 928 I used Meguiars Clay Bar and NXT paste wax.

The NXT seems like a fairly good product and it definitely makes the finish of the car feel very smooth, but the #26 really did a nice job on bringing out the colors and the shine from the #7 in the Ferrari and Mercedes.

Here are some pics of the Ferrari and one of the front of the Mercedes. Because they are inside they don't really show the true shine of both cars, so I'm really just whoring pics of the F355 (which is a very fun car to drive, by the way).

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. ubshtoopid

ubshtoopid New Member

I also used Turtle Wax leather cleaner and conditioner on the interiors of all of the cars.

and thanks to ScottWax for suggesting the Meguiars products, they worked great and the owner was really happy with the final outcome on all of the cars.

3. Scottwax

Scottwax Making detailing great again! Moderator

Beautiful! #7 and #26 are seriously old school these days but still an incredibly deep and wet combination. Glad you and the owner were happy with the Meguiars product recommendations....but you ultimately did the hard work. :)

4. picus

picus New Member

Nice work. Kind of amazing how new products sometime makes us forget old standbys. I love #26. :)