desktop wallpaper settings

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by bptillman, Oct 12, 2005.

1. bptillman

bptillman New Member

In the display properties when you go to the desktop tab and it lists all the images in the windows directory can it be changed to something else...cuz on my computer it loads the list of pictures in the my pictures folder in my documents....i already tried searching through the registry for something about it but found nothing...HELP!

2. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

I'm not sure if you can do it the way you want, but what's wrong with hitting the browse button to select a different image?

3. Zak8022

Zak8022 New Member

what i've done in teh past is actually made copies into the %windir&\Web\Wallpaper directory of the pics i want to show up in that list. i figure... HD space is cheap... and i only occasionally have uber-high-res pics in there.

tho cmsurfer's suggestion is completely viable and i've done that too in the past.

4. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

I actually took some time to look around in the registry, but didn't see anything. The closest I got was finding the reg key for the current and default wallpaper, but didn't see anything about the directory the wallpaper is stored in. A google search didn't turn up anything either.

Not big deal for me since I don't change it too often.

5. bptillman

bptillman New Member

well see the problem is that my pictures folder that it decides to consider the default folder is like 2 gigs of pictures....so it sits there for a good minute or two loading the desktop tab of the display properties since its gotta get that long list of pictures...so im trying to get it to point back to the windows system folder like windows normally does