Desktop Help needed ....... Spyware ??

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by RICKIEFRAT, Dec 24, 2004.

1. RICKIEFRAT

RICKIEFRAT La Cosa Nostra

Ok, so I go on the net farting around on sites that I would frequent while @ work. Except this time, my anti-virus kicks in and blocks a shit load of possible spyware from being DL'ed to my machine. Now with this in mind, I guess a few got passed my anti-virus and now I get this ........

Warning! Windows has detected SPYWARE INSTALLED on your computer.

What is Spyware, Adware and Malware?
    Spyware and Adware, also called 'Malware', are files made by publishers that allow
    them to snoop on your browsing activity,
    see what you purchase and send you 'pop-up' ads. They can slow down your PC, cause
    it to crash, record your credit card numbers and worse.
    If you're like most Internet users, chances are you're probably infected with these files.
    Simply surfing the Internet, reading email, downloading music or other files can
    infect your PC without you knowing it.

* It is HIGHLY recommended to install protection from spyware
    * Choose a good antispyware program and install it to protect your privacy

Click here to search the recommended spyware removal tools

This is on my desktop and I can't get rid of it. My wallpaper that I had up is being covered by this message on a blue screen. This is really pissing me off. I just had my system reformated and DON'T want to do it again if I don't have to.

Can anyone help ???????? :wtc: Please!!!! :sadwavey:

2. Apothis

Apothis New Member

That sounds like a pretty strange message. What OS are you on? What antivirus software supposedly gave that message? Are you absolutely sure that "warning" was actually reported by your AV software and not actually a pop-up itself? Do you have any anti-spyware software such as Adaware, Spybot, ect? If not, get some.

If your AV software detects spyare, can it not also remove it? That warning sounds bogus to me. It sounds more like an ad than anything else. Otherwise it should specifiy, what specifically, it was it detected ..and have an option to remove it.

If you could post a screenshot, that would be great.

3. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

4. RICKIEFRAT

Apothis ~ Dumpy Dooby, I'm running XP and my AV did not give me the message. The warning is a pop up, but its on my desktop. Now while i'm on the net I get multi pop ups that has the same message on my desktop. here is the link of it.

http://www.topantispyware.com/spywareremovers.php?30

I'd love to give you a screen shot, but how. I have Notron AV and it did block a shit load potential DLs ...... this one happened to get by it. I've tried everything with no results. It does look like a pop up ,but there is no window for it on the taskbar.

EvilSS ..... I can read. I would of never posted this topic if it helped. Guess there is always one in a crowd ............. Thanks.

5. RICKIEFRAT

Last edited: Dec 24, 2004
  6. whelen1

whelen1 New Member

your fucked, plain and simple..

Can you DL any spyware programs? Spybot for instance?

*edit* if you stop dl'ing pr0n Rick you won't have this issue.... :hsd: :sadwavey:

7. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

So none of the spyware programs in the sticky picked up what is causing the problem?

8. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

your probem is that you thought Norton AV would keep you clean of spyware. It does nothing of the sort.

Install adaware and spybot and see what damage control you can do... Hopefully it's not borked beyond repair.

But when it comes to spyware, prevention is the key...

9. RICKIEFRAT

Again ..... I would of never posted this topic if it helped.

I attempted to try what was listed. Went through the series of checking, cleaning, and deleting. Even re-booted after all attempts. Still same problem.

10. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

well, you borked your box, then... time to whip out that XP cd and reformat.

11. Apothis

Apothis New Member

If you were possitively unable to have any success with the antispyare apps, then you probably will have to reformat. On next install, make sure to have cleaning apps installed and configured from the beginning rather than after the fact. Avoid IE like the plague (especially when surfing teh pRon), and perhaps be more careful about what you download. Make sure your desktop isn't set to be viewed as a webpage. Looks like you're using Outlook 2000 there also? Drop that crap in favor of a better mail client. Also looks like you use aim there. Don't use the official aim client, that's just as full of spyware as kazaa. I guess that's about all I can offer based on the pic.

12. EvilSS

EvilSS New Member

Not trying to be an ass, just making sure.

The background is an active desktop. Go to control panel, display, Desktop, Customize Desktop, web

What do you see?