Desktop has rotated...what to do?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Maffy29, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

So I'm a desktop support technician. A user here came to me with an interesting issue. His desktop has rotated 90 degrees. Its sitting long way with a resolution of 1024x1280. Mouse controls are rotated as well. Everything is functioning normally, just rotated. I've looked at the settings in Properties and didn't see anything to change the orientation of the desktop. The problem isn't in the monitor (older Dell LCD) as it displays the monitor settings correctly and resolution as 1280x1024. The user told me he had set a binder on his keyboard and this happened. I'm sure he hit some keys in sequence that caused it, however, I have no idea what keys. Never seen this before. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2. Casey

Casey New Member

3. Maffy29

Maffy29 Active Member

Yeah, I found it. That probably would have fixed it as well. I found a setting in the Nvidia card properties and the Rotate 90 degrees was checked. I changed it and it went back to normal.

4. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Yea, It took me a while to figure out how to fix that the first time I did it by accident..

5. Wolf68k

Wolf68k OT Supporter

My mom has a friend whose cat did it; rotated sideways

6. Sexual Vanilla

Sexual Vanilla New Member

I was in the middle of playing Doom 2 with a coworker across my company's network when I somehow managed to do this as well. Took me 30 minutes to figure out what had happened (ALT-CTRL-Arrow Key combination).

7. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I am disappointed in OT. The correct first response is "turn monitor on side".