Designating ports for BT?

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ArcticRSXS, Feb 6, 2006.

1. ArcticRSXS

ArcticRSXS New Member

I am at a school that blocks all but 20 or so ports. I know what these ports are, and was wondering if there is a BT program that allows me to designate all the ports it uses. I currently use uTorrent but could not find anything in the options for that.

I am currently using News Groups here, but the selection isnt as good for a lot of the music i want. So if anybody knows how to designate BT ports please tell, thanks.

2. chips

chips ...

u torrent allows you to change the port

3. cmsurfer

cmsurfer ºllllllº

Azureus uses one port for BT, not a range.

You can pick whatever port you want.

4. ArcticRSXS

ArcticRSXS New Member

The only option for ports on uTorrent i could find is Listening Port, and i changed that and it did not help.

Downloading right now...hopefully it works

5. galek_spoo

galek_spoo New Member

bullshit thats the only option.

if you can't figure it out on utorrent which is the easier of the two then give it up.

6. Zak8022

Zak8022 New Member

Options -> Settings -> Network Options... Its the very first line. It doesnt use a range (much like Azureus) so you can only specify one port. It'll work as long as they dont notice and shut down your port.

7. ArcticRSXS

ArcticRSXS New Member

Thanks for the info. Thats what i did before and i wasnt sure if that was the right thing to do b/c uTorrent still wouldnt work. I forwarded the port i designated also, so im not sure what the problem could be.

Whenever i add a torrent the seeders and leachers columns are both still at zero and the arrow is blue with the little red circle. Any ideas?

8. Zak8022

Zak8022 New Member

Have you tried this with a few different torrents? I'll get that icon every so often... but it almost always ends up downloading. Also, where are you getting your torrents from, and do they have a large swarm? Since you're testing, go out and try to find something that has a shitton of seeders and leachers and try that.